• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember the 80s? What was the best MARVEL mini Series?
3 3

105 posts in this topic

IYO...................What was the best COPPER AGE Mini series in the MARVEL Age of Mini-Series?  ( no more than 12 issues) The one that stand out to me is Frank Miller's Wolverine #1-4....................Left DC out of the post just to easy........ Dark Knight lol.

For me it's a tie between the Punisher and Wolverine mini-series for sure.  Both proved that each character could easily carry not only one but multiple ongoing titles, MCP serving as a defacto 2nd title for Wolverine.

2nd place pretty clearly has to be Secret Wars.

In 4th place I got a tie between Longshot (really for the art alone) and Kitty Pride and Wolverine (underrated IMO).

Secret Wars. Full-stop.

The Wolverine and Punisher miniseries were great and helped cement the popularity of both characters as superstars.

But Secret Wars was a seminal all-universe event that's been repeated every 5-10 years since - from (gag!) Secret Wars II to Acts of Vengeance to Infinity Gauntlet to Civil War, etc.

17 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

Longshot (really for the art alone

I tried to re-read this last year.  Nice, early Arthur Adams artwork, but the dialogue is terrible.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I tried to re-read this last year.  Nice, early Arthur Adams artwork, but the dialogue is terrible.  

I remember loving the ideas, not sure on the actual dialogue.  I should give it a look again soon.

For the record, it has my vote for favorite.  With the Nightcrawler mini by Cockrum a close second.

Vision and the Scarlet Witch I loved.Remember liking Kitty Pride and Wolverine too,but neen a long time since I've re read that.And Contest of Champions,first mini ever by Marvel!

10 minutes ago, GregoryGoat said:

I really enjoyed both of the Hercules minis and Machine Man.

Yessssss!

And how can anyone not say Iceman?

Iceman6-1.png

4 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

As much as I love (early) Adams artwork, the only story I really liked where he did the interior was the Asgardian Wars.  Everything else was always Mojo and X-Babies it seemed, which I was never really that much of a fan of other than Spiral.

I need to try and read Web of Spider-Man annual 2 again.  Maybe it was good, but I can't remember what happened in that one.