• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] silver and gold f.s., mostly slabbed, human torch 6 added
6 6

60 posts in this topic

I'd be all over that Daring 4 to upgrade my copy, but my copy's colors are about the same. I want deeper reds :x

Otherwise, Parker has a very nice looking copy of a pretty tough book that is rarely offered. The glue doesn't bother me one bit at this stage in the game. (thumbsu

Edited by Primetime

13 minutes ago, Primetime said:

I'd be all over that Daring 4 to upgrade my copy, but my copy's colors are about the same. I want deeper reds :x

Otherwise, Parker has a very nice looking copy of a pretty tough book that is rarely offered. The glue doesn't bother me one bit at this stage in the game. (thumbsu

If you press it just right the reds might pop out.

5 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

daring 4 offered for the first time publicly; a boardie noodled it for a few days but did not pull the trigger.   nice book, but has resto that is not reversible.  glue at the 3 staples to reinforce at some point in the way past.   it's very pretty, with o/w pages, but amateur resto forever.  a 5.0 slight resto sold a couple years ago for $1,900 bucks.  I'll let this go for $1,250, the price i shot the boardie in our pm's.

daring4.jpg

daring4bc.jpg

daring4insidebc.jpg

daring4insidefc.jpg

So the only resto is the glue?  Now this has me noodlin'

1 hour ago, Primetime said:

Have you seen one with nice reds though?  I am convinced that they're all a bit orange. And if I didn't have a copy I would buy this one. 

25 minutes ago, buttock said:

Have you seen one with nice reds though?  I am convinced that they're all a bit orange.

I tend to agree, my Daring Mystery 4 (pencil ‘S’) is also orange, though I believe Bedrock has a high grade copy that might have more red.

BTW, one of my favorite Timelys. :cloud9:

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I tend to agree, my Daring Mystery 4 (pencil ‘S’) is also orange, though I believe Bedrock has a high grade copy that might have more red.

BTW, one of my favorite Timelys. :cloud9:

Mine isn't much redder that Billy's. (take that out of context)

2 hours ago, Markentoth said:

I've been considering that Daring #4 too - it's such a nice copy! But I dropped enough $$$ on Daring #1 and #5 (which unlocked #4 for sale here to the community. 😘)

Thanks again, @Straw-Man ! 

That Daring #1 is so dreamy :cloud9: Congratulations. That book is my white whale 🐳