• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you consider this lost income?
1 1

69 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, the blob said:

The retailer is getting loaned $ to pay payroll & some portion toward rent is still forgiveable. Are the applications even looking at lost sales? (presumably your sales were more than payroll in the past)

There is two loan programs, one is based on PPP Loan which is to help with Payroll, Rent s and other costs than there is the COVID-19 ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN, which is for operating costs and other relief. Apply for both.

2 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

Oh behave!

I have sharks with "laser beams"

50 minutes ago, Grib said:

There is two loan programs, one is based on PPP Loan which is to help with Payroll, Rent s and other costs than there is the COVID-19 ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN, which is for operating costs and other relief. Apply for both.

5 programs

I don't have any lost payroll, and all I'm looking for is to get the loan I applied for, or to see if they have a newer program I'm eligible for. I have no problem putting up property as collateral.

This town is full of absentee owners who rent via AirBNB or whatever, and more than a few are evidently extremely leveraged. Might be some buying opportunities come the Fall.

I have read the PPP loan "guidelines" that the government is giving out to banks. It really is only for payroll, rent, mortgage etc, but it does have this:

What can I use these loans for? You should use the proceeds from these loans on your:

Payroll costs, including benefits;

Interest on mortgage obligations, incurred before February 15, 2020;

Rent, under lease agreements in force before February 15, 2020; and

Utilities, for which service began before February 15, 2020.

What counts as payroll costs? Payroll costs include:

Salary, wages, commissions, or tips (capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis for each employee);

Employee benefits including costs for vacation, parental, family, medical, or sick leave; allowance for separation or dismissal; payments required for the provisions of group health care benefits including insurance premiums; and payment of any retirement benefit;

State and local taxes assessed on compensation; and

For a sole proprietor or independent contractor: wages, commissions, income, or net earnings from self-employment, capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis for each employee.

24 minutes ago, evilskip said:

I have read the PPP loan "guidelines" that the government is giving out to banks. It really is only for payroll, rent, mortgage etc, but it does have this:

What can I use these loans for? You should use the proceeds from these loans on your:

Payroll costs, including benefits;

Interest on mortgage obligations, incurred before February 15, 2020;

Rent, under lease agreements in force before February 15, 2020; and

Utilities, for which service began before February 15, 2020.

What counts as payroll costs? Payroll costs include:

Salary, wages, commissions, or tips (capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis for each employee);

Employee benefits including costs for vacation, parental, family, medical, or sick leave; allowance for separation or dismissal; payments required for the provisions of group health care benefits including insurance premiums; and payment of any retirement benefit;

State and local taxes assessed on compensation; and

For a sole proprietor or independent contractor: wages, commissions, income, or net earnings from self-employment, capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis for each employee.

That last sentence seems to be the "magic words".  Just claim as self-employed.  I presume, if you also have a regular job, nothing is stopping you from being self-employed in addition to that.  Many people have 2 jobs.  And that's just the Payroll Protection Program.  There is another fund out there, and maybe more will sprout up.

19 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

That last sentence seems to be the "magic words".  Just claim as self-employed.  I presume, if you also have a regular job, nothing is stopping you from being self-employed in addition to that.  Many people have 2 jobs.  And that's just the Payroll Protection Program.  There is another fund out there, and maybe more will sprout up.

Many self employed people don't keep the best records, but you'd better have records from last year.  I'd wager many people go to jail over these programs and most will be very small fish.

1 minute ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

They better have a good aim

thats what she said.

16 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

I'm going coocoo from isolating!

try these

image.jpeg.a6144eab847d5348627fe215e99180ae.jpeg

On 4/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, shadroch said:

MCS is not the only consignment shop that has suspended operations.

MCS followed the order but Heritage Auction is remained open with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, governmental authorities, and other experts.

4 hours ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

Delicious, but they go right to my hips!

nice

Just now, thunsicker said:

I was going to say.  You obviously haven't seen Kav's artwork if you think that's a problem.

it is not a problem.  its a solution.

2 minutes ago, kav said:
10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

More

STRIKE!  POLITICS!

were discussing the stimulus (shrug) but you may be right (thumbsu but everyone could be a millionaire at this point lol 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

were discussing the stimulus (shrug) but you may be right (thumbsu but everyone could be a millionaire at this point lol 

you mentioned a specific political figure thats strike city

Just now, kav said:

you cant do what you want.

No I'm glad you told me ^^ I just wanted to mention that it makes sense to prop up the "economy" rather than people, but oh what could have been....

I don't need a "public figure" for that :foryou: