• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spine Roll Realignment, now staples on the back cover.

11 posts in this topic

My apologies if this has been asked before. I did a search but did not find any topics related.

With Spine Roll Realignment pressing. The staples are now clearly located 1/4inch in on the back cover. The Front cover is more visually appealing. If the book were perfect except for the staple location on the back cover. What is the best possible grade?

No pics, this is a general question as the books have not had the spine realigned yet.

I don't think there should be a deduction for the staples being on the back cover due to production especially if it is a GA comic. Would be more worried about bindery corner tears on a GA book. Spine roll fix or realignment is very common.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:00 PM, Ziazmere1 said:

My apologies if this has been asked before. I did a search but did not find any topics related.

With Spine Roll Realignment pressing. The staples are now clearly located 1/4inch in on the back cover. The Front cover is more visually appealing. If the book were perfect except for the staple location on the back cover. What is the best possible grade?

No pics, this is a general question as the books have not had the spine realigned yet.

Are you talking about a book that has an actual spine roll that is being reversed, or a book that is being doctored so that small spine issues have been "shifted" so they are no longer visible on he front cover? 

I have seen some golden/silver age books with staples 1/4 inch into the back cover. No manipulation took place, it was a manufacturing issue. 

On 4/11/2020 at 6:47 AM, joeypost said:

Are you talking about a book that has an actual spine roll that is being reversed, or a book that is being doctored so that small spine issues have been "shifted" so they are no longer visible on he front cover? 

I have seen some golden/silver age books with staples 1/4 inch into the back cover. No manipulation took place, it was a manufacturing issue. 

Joey,

Sorry for the late reply. I did not have "Notify me of replies" turned on and I have not checked CGC forums until this week. This would be a spine alignment. The staples would move about 1/4 inch to the back cover. Would you recommend this adjustment? I am not looking to flip this book. I had it CGCed in 2011 (No notes). I think visually it would look better with the spine adjusted. The book also needs a cleaning and tac iron corner crunch adjustment.

621564924_Hulk181front.thumb.jpg.2a89dd59f470fc6b169833f464df4453.jpg

Edited by Ziazmere1