• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta Facts
7 7

348 posts in this topic

Frazetta's original cover for "Flashman at the Charge" by George MacDonald Fraser. (Signet, 1974, 15x23 oil on board)

Frazetta's painting for Flasman at the Charge perfectly captured the essence of Fraser's rougish character. Flashman spends half the novel in stark terror (as one of the "nobel 600" at the infamous charge of the Light Bigade and, subsequently, as a prisoner of the Russians), and the other half chasing anything remotely female.

As was his habit, Frank reworked the painting slightly after publication. "Pleasing the art director was one thing," Frazetta notes, "but I didnt think anything of scrapping the whole thing when I got it back. I've got to live with it, not them. If something doesnt look right to me, like the girl's face in the Flashman painting, I'm going to change it."

Excerpt from "Legacy" edited by Arnie & Cathy Fenner.

92420954_10217020671377000_5731189271562289152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQm3L5oSQgjQCzorrFuUvAkT0NjPegwmUDPqGXrlHhYOaV6wjlKoei-nF4XYQZ0TGmI&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=92b59e84db41e955a7e7a4ab95c8d9af&oe=5EB6F6E6

92584906_10217020672537029_2707177638253821952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQkdCKBkxsh7bE_PA4pc0wgrDYn48CkBCPcQf46-6h-DbDTPWEWD6OtUWJR00rYgFks&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=20e9a5e5db88f54f995535b0fb59220d&oe=5EB57EBE

The Frazetta Museum is having a Facebook live event on Sunday to celebrate Frank's passing ten years ago. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/234162047676043/

As you may be aware, this Sunday, May 10th, will be the ten year anniversary of Frank Frazetta's passing. We would like to spend this time celebrating his life, and invite you to join us via Facebook Live (posted here) at 2PM EST on Sunday to talk about the life of Frank Frazetta. Frank Jr and Lori Frazetta will walk around the grounds of the estate and talk about Frank Sr on a more personal level, and will answer questions that any of you may ask. So set aside 20-30 minutes to join us for this-- it will be a good way to get out of the quarantine funk and give you the opportunity to learn more about Frazetta's life 

As always, we truly appreciate the support you all have been giving us, especially right now while we must remain closed for quarantine. Every penny spent on our website www.frazettamuseum.com is put back into the museum for preservation purposes. Thank you!

-William Frazetta

On 5/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, wombat said:

The Frazetta Museum is having a Facebook live event on Sunday to celebrate Frank's passing ten years ago. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/234162047676043/

As you may be aware, this Sunday, May 10th, will be the ten year anniversary of Frank Frazetta's passing. We would like to spend this time celebrating his life, and invite you to join us via Facebook Live (posted here) at 2PM EST on Sunday to talk about the life of Frank Frazetta. Frank Jr and Lori Frazetta will walk around the grounds of the estate and talk about Frank Sr on a more personal level, and will answer questions that any of you may ask. So set aside 20-30 minutes to join us for this-- it will be a good way to get out of the quarantine funk and give you the opportunity to learn more about Frazetta's life 

As always, we truly appreciate the support you all have been giving us, especially right now while we must remain closed for quarantine. Every penny spent on our website www.frazettamuseum.com is put back into the museum for preservation purposes. Thank you!

-William Frazetta

You can watch this now on the Frazetta Museum face book page. It was very informative and interesting. I highly recommend giving it a watch to hear about some personal stories about Frazetta and see some great shots of the museum. 

23 hours ago, oakman29 said:

This guy talks too much, sheesh!🙄

Yeah, this one was a bit odd. I didn't post it here because it wasn't that great. I tiny bit of history and lots of blabbering. Lori is much more polished. 

I'm looking forward to getting that book. I have the one released I think a year or so ago that came in a deluxe slipcase version. These two should go well together.

There was a Frazetta TV episode I think on CNBC that I still need to find. Someone posted about it here or perhaps on the Statue Forum. But back then it wasn't online. Hopefully someone put it up by now.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:05 AM, GeneticNinja said:

I'm looking forward to getting that book. I have the one released I think a year or so ago that came in a deluxe slipcase version. These two should go well together.

There was a Frazetta TV episode I think on CNBC that I still need to find. Someone posted about it here or perhaps on the Statue Forum. But back then it wasn't online. Hopefully someone put it up by now.

It was on Fox Business. I can't find it anywhere online either. i think the series was called Strange Inheritance. 

On 5/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, cstojano said:

It was on Fox Business. I can't find it anywhere online either. i think the series was called Strange Inheritance. 

Someone has to have it saved. I imagine that a fan put it on DVR or something. Perhaps we'll have to keep waiting.

Does anyone have any of the Frazetta prints from the museum? I see there are a bunch of different paper options. I think I have a new idea for a display.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, cstojano said:

1 hour ago, GeneticNinja said:

Someone has to have it saved. I imagine that a fan put it on DVR or something. Perhaps we'll have to keep waiting.

Does anyone have any of the Frazetta prints from the museum? I see there are a bunch of different paper options. I think I have a new idea for a display.

It was Season 3 Episode 2 of "Strange Inheritance," called "Fantasy Fued."

Evidently if you are a DirectTV subscriber, you can view it.

https://trakt.tv/shows/strange-inheritance/seasons/3/episodes/2