• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta Facts
7 7

348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WilliamFrazetta said:

No problem, guys. Only reason I said anything was because I can tell you'd consider my words rather than toss them off. Keep up the posts!

Hopefully you will stick around and share some stories or any Museum news. (thumbsu

"I’d like to think of the quality of my work as fine art. On the other hand, I’m in the wrong field. That’s because of people and their judgments. If you illustrate a book, you’re an illustrator. I’d like to think of Fine Art as being what it sounds like – fine. Quality. There are fine artists that do Comics, there are fine artists that do classical art, there are fine artists that do illustration and yet, if they’re in a certain field they think of themselves as fine artists when they could be terrible artists."

From an interview conducted by Steven Cerio with Frank Frazetta (2010), featured on Stevencerio.com (http://www.stevencerio.com/…/interview-with-frank-frazetta…/)

12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

So this is a question I've been pondering.  Is there an artist who is currently alive who matches Frazetta's talent?  

No. There a few no doubt that can come close to matching his style, but not talent wise.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:57 PM, burntboy said:

Nope-they can be ordered online.  They have sizes that hold 3 to 12 magazines.  The books in the photo are in Mylite two’s with fullbacks.

They just fit in.  They’re available in light, medium and dark oak.  As soon as I saw one, I had to have it.   Prices vary widely - at first I was looking at $400+ for one this size 🤕 but then found Homesquare on the net and got it for $222 w free shipping.

Here’s another pic after a quick shuffle last week;

1706DAB7-542F-4C7E-A66A-164A14FBAD6D.jpeg

Thanks. Heading there now.

On 8/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, wombat said:

Come on guys. If we all chip in...................................we still couldn't afford this. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-frazetta-a-princess-of-mars-painting-original-art-1970-/p/7234-203001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Up to 492K with buyers premium. 

19 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Finally found my copy of this particular Frazetta jigsaw puzzle!  It's one of the tougher ones and this one was sealed so...   :whee:

IMG_5216.thumb.JPG.5cdf14a9ba5346eb785f27711030badd.JPG

Definitely one of the pricier puzzles. Very nice.