• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans 5 and 6
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I was looking through my Inhumans run and noticed that issue 5 has a 30 cent cover (not considered a variant as that is the price on all) and then issue 6 is back to 25 cents. Was issue 5 the mass test to see the 30 cent response? Did other titles have similar issues like this? I just thought it was odd is all.....

Issue 6 ask had that big round 25 cents in a white circle. If memory serves me I have an ASM issue with that same one off price image and I think an Avengers issue. Always thought it looked weird and wondered if anyone knew a reason for it. Here is the ish for reference...

Even though this ish has the same weird 25 cent circle, preceding issues just have the “still only 25 cents” price. There is no 30 cent then back down to 25 then back up to 30 like for the Inhumans.

image.jpg

49 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

This is a question that @Get Marwood & I usually has all the answers.

Steady :)

8 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I was looking through my Inhumans run and noticed that issue 5 has a 30 cent cover (not considered a variant as that is the price on all) and then issue 6 is back to 25 cents. Was issue 5 the mass test to see the 30 cent response? Did other titles have similar issues like this? I just thought it was odd is all.....

Have a read of this site page Eric:

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Marvel30CentVariants.php

It lists what 30 cent variants exist and notes the 'missing' regular 25c issue quirk for The Inhumans:

inh2.thumb.PNG.34b37651e40e13f8a9e46aef0d5b1183.PNG

inh.thumb.PNG.9a4497a1a45b7e506bbb166d90c8ab7d.PNG

ASM had five 30 Cent Variants from issue 155 to 159. 159 was always a fun issue as there were so many types out there - here's a few pictures from my old files

738697942_15930cv.thumb.jpg.1df50e933d7b02f25ad25711a4ba13ee.jpg 159.thumb.jpg.84dc1040d7f43b6caa82fb2aa843fcbd.jpg 159mji.thumb.jpg.c0968b3bb1012d980312e31ec6366314.jpg 

159pefull.thumb.jpg.403e184ad3e24253f2c25dac09643b22.jpg 159pemissing.thumb.jpg.9087e206c4f857307a1da857f228f785.jpg

All good fun :)

11 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Issue 6 ask had that big round 25 cents in a white circle. ... Always thought it looked weird and wondered if anyone knew a reason for it.

image.jpg

I think they did it because it was kind of a "last chance" at 25¢, kids... to make it easier to find them amongst all the emerging 30¢ copies commingling on the store shelves at that devastating time (allowances probably weren't going up).

13 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Thanks @Get Marwood & I You are most knowledgeable!

I have been to that site before. I figured if anyone knew more info on the switch back for these Inhumans issues or the bubble 25 cent it would be you! 

You're welcome. I've always had a passing interest in variants (thumbsu 

1 hour ago, iggy said:

I think they did it because it was kind of a "last chance" at 25¢, kids... to make it easier to find them amongst all the emerging 30¢ copies commingling on the store shelves at that devastating time (allowances probably weren't going up).

I wonder how many kids had to run back home and beg for the extra 5c :grin:

24 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I wonder how many kids had to run back home and beg for the extra 5c :grin:

If we had just a quarter on us, we would play dumb to the cashier at the grocery store. She'd let us slide on the penny for tax.

I bet I got a nickel out of her when they jumped to 30 cents. Once.

10 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Thanks @Get Marwood & I You are most knowledgeable!

I have been to that site before. I figured if anyone knew more info on the switch back for these Inhumans issues or the bubble 25 cent it would be you! 

You figured? Technically I was the one who knew who had the information/knowledge and pointed them in your direction in this thread.

3 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

You figured? Technically I was the one who knew who had the information/knowledge and pointed them in your direction in this thread.

I’ll be honest I totally missed your reply. Thank you as well for alerting him :) much appreciated!