• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Be Happy With This Press?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I had my first experience with pressing and I was hoping the group could give me an opinion about this pressing.  Here's a picture of the Uncanny X-Men 266 I received in my family's small mailbox in 1990.  The book had some obvious bends. 

Before.jpg.380788a5d19f09b34d96b77734922181.jpg

Here are what those bends look like now after pressing and grading.  They are obviously better than before but still noticeably present. 

After2.jpg.45491a45b4b67fca89eeae817d9149b1.jpgAfter1.jpg.b8c262cec42350ce5ef788cf514c8080.jpg

I know pressing can't fix color breaks, but I thought they would be able to get rid of the bends on a modern cover.  Should I be satisfied with this? 

1 hour ago, DanDixon said:

FYI, this was CCS and this wasn't the worst out of the 6 books I sent them.

Were you offline for like 6 months????  You are posting as if you picked right up where you left off on April 17, like no time passed in between.  I thought the title looked familiar in my notifications, but was from long ago.

19 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

These “v” shaped spine creases are very tough to eliminate. The problem with some of them is they come back a little once a book has had the cover opened, like when the pages are counted. Not sure if CCS presses a book multiple times, But I see other issues that could have been removed entirely If the book was hit again.