• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Centurion of Ancient Rome/The Iron man of Ancient Rome - anyone know of these?

8 posts in this topic

eccomics bumped a Catholic comics thread in which I posted. It got me thinking I should post about these books. This is my copy of The Centurion of Ancient Rome. I searched for a little while before finding this copy. It is published by Zondervan Publishing House 1958. On the back cover, there is an ad for The Iron man of Ancient Rome. I have never seen a copy of that book. Does it exist? Has anyone seen a copy?

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

4 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

eccomics bumped a Catholic comics thread in which I posted. It got me thinking I should post about these books. This is my copy of The Centurion of Ancient Rome. I searched for a little while before finding this copy. It is published by Zondervan Publishing House 1958. On the back cover, there is an ad for The Iron man of Ancient Rome. I have never seen a copy of that book. Does it exist? Has anyone seen a copy?

I doubt this is from the book but I have this OA by Disbrow that may be from it.  If it is in there, please let me know or if someone happens by and knows what book it is from, I would like to know.

There is an entry in GCD for it and I do agree with @ArkhamCastle on being Disbrow.

20170814_132603.thumb.jpg.a89c1be4d47155185cfd096fbe1ef24b.jpg

42 minutes ago, Shrevvy said:

That is a cool page of art, but it is not in The Centurion of Ancient Rome.

Yeah I said I doubt and kind of glommed onto the thread hoping someone could identify what it is from.  Didn't want to or intend to hijack your thread at all. :foryou:

5 hours ago, telerites said:

Yeah I said I doubt and kind of glommed onto the thread hoping someone could identify what it is from.  Didn't want to or intend to hijack your thread at all. :foryou:

Could it be that the Iron Man of Ancient Rome was never published and your Disbrow piece is from the unpublished work?

7 hours ago, telerites said:

Not at all. I flipped through the book hoping to see the page. The interior of the book is quite good with striking B&W art. I wonder the same thing as readcomix though. Maybe Iron Man of Ancient Rome was never published.