• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA cover printed with another comic's cover on the reverse.

8 posts in this topic

I had this graded and wasn't sure how CGC would grade it.  I assume even though this is a manufacturing/production error which is sometimes not considered a flaw by CGC that since this makes the comic incomplete by not having the original inside covers, it receives a GLOD.

Not that I should have subbed it in the first place but curious on thoughts if I resubbed, could it receive a universal grade with a lower grade if that flaw was considered?

Grader notes:

Comic Description:
Fight Comics 44 6/46 Fiction House

Grader Notes:
light cover tanning
light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover
moderate wear to cover
very light pieces out to cover
very light tears to cover

0704200805471.jpg

0704200903391.jpg

0704200904411.jpg

5 minutes ago, telerites said:

I had this graded and wasn't sure how CGC would grade it.  I assume even though this is a manufacturing/production error which is sometimes not considered a flaw by CGC that since this makes the comic incomplete by not having the original inside covers, it receives a GLOD.

Not that I should have subbed it in the first place but curious on thoughts if I resubbed, could it receive a universal grade with a lower grade if that flaw was considered?

Grader notes:

Comic Description:
Fight Comics 44 6/46 Fiction House

Grader Notes:
light cover tanning
light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover
moderate wear to cover
very light pieces out to cover
very light tears to cover

I would think so.

It is technically "complete" as it was MFG this way. It may not be typical, but it was printed and shipped as-is.

Personally don't think this deserves a Q label.

32 minutes ago, telerites said:

CGC keeps extensive records of different manufacturing flaws and other abnormalities, so the idea of trying to get a Universal label probably won't happen (they'd likely just look it over and do the same thing again). And you'll notice they didn't put the dreaded word "INCOMPLETE" on the label, which means they didn't really give you the full frontal kiss of death...

On the other hand, I personally think this is an awesome manufacturing flaw. Your copy may be the only one in existence with this anomaly. If you ask me, that's pretty freaking cool...and pretty desirable, too.   (worship)

26 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

CGC keeps extensive records of different manufacturing flaws and other abnormalities, so the idea of trying to get a Universal label probably won't happen (they'd likely just look it over and do the same thing again). And you'll notice they didn't put the dreaded word "INCOMPLETE" on the label, which means they didn't really give you the full frontal kiss of death...

On the other hand, I personally think this is an awesome manufacturing flaw. Your copy may be the only one in existence with this anomaly. If you ask me, that's pretty freaking cool...and pretty desirable, too.   (worship)

Thanks TLD.  Yeah I wouldn't even think of a regrade.  Not worth the cost and even this wasn't worth it.  It was more curiosity than anything. 

Take care.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would think so.

It is technically "complete" as it was MFG this way. It may not be typical, but it was printed and shipped as-is.

Personally don't think this deserves a Q label.

Thanks.  Appreciate the feedback.

Best.

6 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I personally think this is an awesome manufacturing flaw. Your copy may be the only one in existence with this anomaly. If you ask me, that's pretty freaking cool...and pretty desirable, too.   (worship)

Agree 100%.  Deserves a green label and is a super cool book.  Have not seen that type of error before.