• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Capt America USA #11 I BAILED AT 4K, Mistake?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Local auction had this hard to find book Timley USA #11 (5.0/6.0) spine tear, ow pages, seller could not confirm any resto or not? ( as is, no refunds)........ With BP it was going to be around 4k+ Almost went one more bid ($4500+), should I have? ( Note: I would have sold this or traded it , not for my personal collection).

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Edited by I am not Glenda

I wouldn't have done it.  Even if the seller allowed returns, life is too short to get caught in the quagmire.

This is a book that I see people offer for sale at multiples of guide, but I don't know if people are buying them or not.

Incidentally, Gator has one for sale in his current thread:  

20 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

Local auction had this hard to find book Timley USA #11 (5.0/6.0) spine tear, ow pages, seller could not confirm any resto or not? ( as is, no refunds)........ With BP it was going to be around 4k+ Almost went one more bid ($4500+), should I have? ( Note: I would have sold this or traded it , not for my personal collection).

I won something from that auction and tracked that book (not that I could afford it).  Due to COVID-19, it was all online, correct?  No local inspection?