• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the pandemic creating a temp buyers market?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I haven't followed trends enough the last 6 or so months like I used to so I don't have a good gauge on it, but wondering if anyone has noticed a dip in what books are going for over the last month or so due to COVID19. 

I've been looking to upgrade my raw low grade X-men 1 and I'm wondering if I'm passing up a golden opportunity to get one at a lower price over the next couple weeks or so . I imagine once the pandemic begins to draw to a close (and people get stimulus checks) there may be a bounce back with a rise in prices, but that's just a thought. I have nothing to base that on. 

Comic market has not crashed at all. Books are still selling at or around value. There have been just as many books sell for $100 more than they have averaged as there are books they sell for $100 less. Would not say it is a buyers market.

Although you may find less competition. What I mean is as a Canadian buyer I’m putting my buying on hold because the exchange rate and shipping are the worst they’ve ever been right now.

Edited by comicginger1789

Some have gone down a touch on Ebay, but a lot of books on sites on Heritage and Comic Link are going above GPA. Silver age raw keys seem to be going for more than usual right now, and that market is exceptionally hot.

A lot of us were waiting for a dip in prices, but I haven't seen anything like that. Maybe in a few months as this drags on things will drop, but who knows. Having a lot of people who are locked down with nothing to do but buy comics seems to be having the opposite effect at least for now. 

Edited by Stefan_W
Forgot something

If your goal is to upgrade your comic simply go over to the WTB section and post what you are looking for. Chances are someone will have what you want. There is a greater chance of catching a collector whose significant other is making them downsize. I have both suffered from that and benefited on these here boards. Check it out when you have time. I just scored a ASM 252 for 5 bucks that graded out a 9.6 . I got it during a Christmas sale!