• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
4 4

87 posts in this topic

Howdy Ho

So! I've  been   chatting  with  a collector buddy of mine  from down Ohio way for the last few weeks,  and  he's  hard against it with  the cost 
of  the quarantine,  and I've volunteered  to  sell a  few books for him  to  help  cover his current bills.
Works  out  well,  I'm  bored,   he's  broke,  lol 

Remember  s  few years  back  when I was  selling  stuff  from  Lunatic Lowgrade  Guy?  Old  school  collector,   didn't care  what shape  as long 

as  the  stories  were  all there?  This  fellow is  cut  from  the same  cloth,   let's  call  him  Lunatic Lowgrade  Lite, his  stuff  averages  out  
at  least G  for the most part. 

I got his care package  yesterday,   the scans  in  this  thread  are  all  mine,  all  fresh. 

As this  is  to  help  out  a  friend,  I'm working  from  his guidelines  (with some input from me)  so  the prices  are going to be pretty firm 
for the most part. 

This  batch is heavy  on  teen humor and good girl  art,   but  there  are  a  couple  of  nice  WWII  covers,  including  a  HITLER,  woo woo!
Please  note the  true  Ohio   touch,   several with  the  Bohnett's   store stamp!  :D 

Lunatic  Lite  says  if  things  go  well  he'll  send me  another  packet in  a  week  or  two,  so fingers  crossed,   There's stuff  in here   I've never had
before, and  one or two  I've never SEEN  before. 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four  books, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
For the bargainminded  I  can  ship  one or  two books  First Class for  $5.00

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

First book  up  in  five minutes,   to  give  the  crowd  a chance  to gather. 

Edited by catrick339

Lucy  The Real Gone Gal  #1

Here's the worst  book  of the batch.  Tears  at  both  staples, although  the cover is  still  attached,  several  more  along upper  edge  FC, 
couple   more along  with  a  small piece out  upper BC,  plenty of general  wear.  

But here's the kicker,  and it's  right in the pants.    There  are  two  pages  razored out of the  book,   I'm  assuming  they  were paper doll pages, 
Dammit.   CF  is  still   present  and intact,    so  you'd  be buying it  for that,   or  as  a reader copy  for  what's left here.  Three  stories 
are intact,   two  have a page missing.  Sigh...

Considering these  aren't my  books,  and I want to avoid  any  returns  I'm  doing  full size  scans  of FC  and BC for each book, and  
CAREFULLY   counting  pages,  lol 

I know  this title  has  been going nuts for the last few years,  let's  see  if the insanity bleeds over to this thread.

Asking  $25

Mlf75iR.jpg

JLNHRZ5.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's a title  I've never seen  before.

Tiny Tessie 24

Ah,  THERE'S   a good Bohnett's  stamp, on  a white  cover!

Small tear upper edge,  dime sized   piece out LH  edge BC, tears  at  the staples, but cover  is  still  attached. 

Flat and square  enough,   with off-white - white pages,  but  there's  a small brown stain  on the edge of  one page 
(doesn't touch art)  and   a  good sized  tear  on  another page (gets into  two panels,  no  paper missing)

I love those late 40's books with  the Marvel  bullet on  the front cover.

Asking  $40

s0KwvUD.jpg

Bxmrprr.jpg

Never seen that title before ... Tiny Tessie?  If I recall .. quite a few GA comics had this name “Tessie”. Like Tessie theToilet, another one as a Typist? 

Lana 4

Don't recall seeing  this  issue before,   although  I've had  a  few others from  the series.

Tears  at  staples,  but   cover  still  firmly  attached.  couple chips out lower  RH  FC,  bit of  general wear.  Couple  light water  spots  near  the
hem of  Lana's skirt. 
Flat  and tight,  white pages,  couple  small chips  and tears interior,  nothing that touches  any  art, 

Nice  looking  midgrader for  $45 SOLD!

fk3k0iH.jpg

zVFNJYR.jpg

Edited by catrick339

2 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Never seen that title before ... Tiny Tessie?  If I recall .. quite a few GA comics had this name “Tessie”. Like Tessie theToilet, another one as a Typist? 

Tessie the Typist,   Tillie the ToileR

6 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Lana 4

Don't recall seeing  this  issue before,   although  I've had  a  few others from  the series.

Tears  at  staples,  but   cover  still  firmly  attached.  couple chips out lower  RH  FC,  bit of  general wear.  Couple  light water  spots  near  the
hem of  Lana's skirt. 
Flat  and tight,  white pages,  couple  small chips  and tears interior,  nothing that touches  any  art, 

Nice  looking  midgrader for  $45

fk3k0iH.jpg

zVFNJYR.jpg

:takeit:

Patsy Walker 6

Touch  of transverse  spine  roll,   otherwise  flat  and tight enough,   with a touch of gloss left,  bit of general  wear, Bohnett's 
stamp,   white pages,   tight on the single  staple.  Staple has  a bit of rust,   no migration. Light pencil  lower  edge BC

Asking  $75  SOLD!

yDv3ceG.jpg

JJ8Xdps.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Starlett  O'Hara 2

Here's another title  that I've seen going  for  crazy  prices  recently,   who  am  I  to  argue?

Flat,  pretty  clean,  square,   tight spine  and CF,   off-white - white  pages.  Touch  of  rust  on upper staple, no  migration. 
Back  cover  has  light  soiling,  and  one  spot of  rust transfer from  another book  on  spine.  

Well  above   most other copies  I've seen  of this title. 

Asking  $250,  SOLD!

vwjSZTR.jpg

eFCGq05.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Millie  the Model 14

Special  bonus  staple   through the entire book  at  center  LH  edge,  and looking  at  the tears at the staples 
I'm going to  assume  that the cover's loose.   Small  split  with tear into FC  between the staples,   dust shadows, 
chip off  upper  LH  BC,  with  a brown halo  around  perimeter of cover,  supple  cream  pages. 
Nice  reader  with  good  eye  appeal,  even with the store stamp.

Asking $40

AOVcdGk.jpg

WXTqR2K.jpg

Gay Comics 37

Bit  of  general  wear,  especially   along  spine,   narrow  dust shadow upper edge FC, light store stamp. 
Flat  and square,  tight spine  and CF, WHITE  pages.   couple  teensy  tears, faint  whiff of  transverse   spine roll. 

Nice looking copy for $50  SOLD!

gXe2xHR.jpg

p7Q8wpp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

4 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Gay Comics 37

Bit  of  general  wear,  especially   along  spine,   narrow  dust shadow upper edge FC, light store stamp. 
Flat  and square,  tight spine  and CF, WHITE  pages.   couple  teensy  tears, faint  whiff of  transverse   spine roll. 

Nice looking copy for $50

gXe2xHR.jpg

p7Q8wpp.jpg

:takeit:

51 minutes ago, catrick339 said:
53 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Tessie the Typist,   Tillie the ToileR

Any Teresa the Toilet-Mouth?