• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite "inexpensive" page you own and why?
2 2

67 posts in this topic

It is snowing in Colorado right now.  Yesterday was in the upper 60s and today it is 22 with about 4 inches so just hanging around the house.  

What is your favorite "inexpensive" page you own and why?

This is mine, I can't remember exactly what I paid but it was hundreds.  I love it because I think it really captures Spiderman.

jeff_jones_splash.jpg

Hard to say, but, off the top of my head, this one. Why? It’s the cover to the first cover that I ever bought my daughters.

The full story is here: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1235000

It was less than $200.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa81b93da3b8b1e8c2c8ffe5615d9680.jpeg

Edited by alxjhnsn

3 minutes ago, grapeape said:

1150EBEF-E00C-49DE-BFFD-778B103BAF10.jpeg.1051d9611ef7222d95b19de8153f7304.jpegPaid a few hundred for this twenty years ago. FF 200 a double sized issue and the climatic end of a classic 197-200 storyline featuring the fearsome Dr. Doom.

I remember buying that one off the stands and I still have it.  :luhv:

42 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I remember buying that one off the stands and I still have it.  :luhv:

I have my copy too! I was ten haha

I bought the page because FF 200 is one of my favorite stories ever and so cool to own original art from a childhood memory.

Edited by grapeape

Here is the original art for Daves II Comics & Collectibles by Glenn Barr. Growing up in Ann Arbor Michigan I would goto The Eye of Agamotto on State Street (which later closed down in the 80s). About that time Dave's Comics started up, I had moved to California by then but whenever I visited Ann Arbor I would check out Daves II Comics & Collectibles, William & State street (upstairs). Great to own the art from a comic shop I used to frequent.

daves_II_ad.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

Let me suggest an edit to this topic: purchased within the last 5 or so years, up to $300 more or less, and published. Otherwise, people can trot out things they bought ages ago which would no longer qualify as inexpensive. Sketches don’t really belong in the same categoryAgreed

1 minute ago, Brian Peck said:

Here is the original art for Daves II Comics & Collectibles by Glenn Barr. Growing up in Ann Arbor Michigan I would goto The Eye of Agamotto on State Street (which later closed down in the 80s). About that time Dave's Comics started up, I had moved to California by then but whenever I visited Ann Arbor I would check out Daves II Comics & Collectibles, William & State street (upstairs). Great to own the art from a comic shop I used to frequent.

daves_II_ad.jpg

Jack Nicholson is bending my comic books😂

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

Let me suggest an edit to this topic: purchased within the last 5 or so years, up to $300 more or less, and published. Otherwise, people can trot out things they bought ages ago which would no longer qualify as inexpensive. Sketches don’t really belong in the same category. 

I thought about all the things you brought up too. You raised some good points. Something to think about before art gets posted but I’ll defer to the wide berth B Man left us with.

Just now, grapeape said:

I thought about all the things you brought up too. You raised some good points. Something to think about before art gets posted but I’ll defer to the wide berth B Man left us with.

well, it doesn't say "inexpensive when you bought it" so I also assume we are looking at pieces inexpensive right now were they for sale

drs35p9.jpg

Paid $15 around 1990 or so, probably not worth much more now. Samuel de la Rosa inked it and sold it to me...this issue had many inkers on it, most of whom were Hispanic, and was credited to "Manuel Labor" or some such as an editor's joke. de la Rosa did not find it funny!

\Ih, this was my first page I ever purchased. I had a few sketches but this was the first published page IIRC. I didn't know you could buy them until I saw these for sale at Sam's table.

Edited by Bird