• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Limited Mintage AF 15?
1 1

54 posts in this topic

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

One extreme to the other on EBay right now:insane:

Indeed. One, an ugly, horrible looking thing.

The other, a pence copy :)

19 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

A6D0A58D-6045-436A-8BC5-AEC8E7FE873F.jpeg

I'm sure this has been discussed to death elsewhere, but it's a bit silly isn't it. The Universal Blue makes me laugh. If I welded a bit of gold to it would it come back a PLOD?

What a load of c:censored:

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm sure this has been discussed to death elsewhere, but it's a bit silly isn't it. The Universal Blue makes me laugh. If I welded a bit of gold to it would it come back a PLOD?

What a load of c:censored:

not to press the issue, but if you filled out the proper forms, it wouldn't come back plod. Artists are know to use gold foil in a sketch :foryou: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

not to press the issue, but if you filled out the proper forms, it wouldn't come back plod. Artists are know to use gold foil in a sketch :foryou: 

1729837010_Benny1.gif.27d019228bd6183edd0378f7a567c5f1.gif

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

What’s an ounce of silver worth?hm

C8495394-FCBF-4E0E-95B3-BBCBAF436F4C.jpeg

It's all so disappointing. You'd have thought they'd have at least used Very Fine silver wouldn't you. 

And if it's a limited mintage, wouldn't they all be 'First Releases'? I tell you, if there's a Second Release planned, I'll be wanting my f:censored: money back :sumo:

I'm waiting for the platinum editions, that's where the real collectability begins! :insane:

25 minutes ago, s-man said:

I'm waiting for the platinum editions, that's where the real collectability begins! :insane:

Well, I heard that Steve Geppi was trying to get a Diamond Foil Edition going for rather obvious reasons.  :insane: :insane:

Edited by lou_fine

And will the gold version have a yellow label? :idea:

5 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Will silver foil tarnish?hm

From Google, describing silver...

"It does not react with oxygen in the air under normal circumstances. It does react slowly with sulfur compounds in the air, however. The product of this reaction is silver sulfide (Ag 2 S), a black compound. The tarnish that develops over time on silverware and other silver-plated objects is silver sulfide."

I wonder if the silver foil is coated to prevent this?

Also, silver nitrate is photosensitive, and darkens when exposed to light. 

They should have used gold foil.  :whistle:

Edited by Cliff R.

10 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

From Google, describing silver...

"It does not react with oxygen in the air under normal circumstances. It does react slowly with sulfur compounds in the air, however. The product of this reaction is silver sulfide (Ag 2 S), a black compound. The tarnish that develops over time on silverware and other silver-plated objects is silver sulfide."

I wonder if the silver foil is coated to prevent this?

Also, silver nitrate is photosensitive, and darkens when exposed to light. 

They should have used gold foil.  :whistle:

See above...