• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Limited Mintage AF 15?
1 1

54 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

It's all so disappointing. You'd have thought they'd have at least used Very Fine silver wouldn't you. 

And if it's a limited mintage, wouldn't they all be 'First Releases'? I tell you, if there's a Second Release planned, I'll be wanting my f:censored: money back :sumo:

No. :baiting:

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

"No" = not all copies in a limited mint are "First Releases". "First Releases" are just those minted in the 1st month (IIRC).

I don't get it. The book is #696 of a 1,000 limited edition and is marked as 'first release'. What has the first month got to do with it? Asking for a donkey.

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I don't get it. The book is #696 of a 1,000 limited edition and is marked as 'first release'. What has the first month got to do with it? Asking for a donkey.

That means that it was released within the first 30 days of mintage, donkey. :baiting:

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

That means that it was released within the first 30 days of mintage, donkey. :baiting:

What, number 696 of 1,000? Is there a chance that all 1,000 were released in the first month, or did number 697 on go into month two? Asking for a wombat.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

NGC Releases Designations

Basically: Yes, wombat. (:

I told the donkey and the wombat what you said and they both said "Oh, OK, thanks". They also both said that they still thought the whole thing sucked though. 

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I told the donkey and the wombat what you said and they both said "Oh, OK, thanks". They also both said that they still thought the whole thing sucked though. 

I was considering getting the AC1, DC27, Superman #1, and Batman #1 awhile back. It'd be cool to have Gem Mint covers of those iconic books. They're just too expensive for what they are, though, IMO.

I still think they're overall cool products. I'd appreciate looking at 'em if someone I knew IRL collected them.

Edit: I also have reprints of AC1 and DC27 from the BvS Ultimate Collection, so that helped dissuade me from buying these. I plan on getting Supes' and Bat's #1 reprints soon.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

17 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I bought a few of the silver Action #1 version of this. hm 

Slabbed or raw?

13 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:

I saw there were a bunch of different covers available. If I were to get one, it would probably be the tec 31.

Did they do any Charltons do you know?

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was considering getting the AC1, DC27, Superman #1, and Batman #1 awhile back. It'd be cool to have Gem Mint covers of those iconic books. They're just too expensive for what they are, though, IMO.

I still think they're overall cool products. I'd appreciate looking at 'em if someone I knew IRL collected them.

They are a cool item in themselves but I just think CGC grading them as if they were a comic is silly. 

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

...Did they do any Charltons do you know?

AFAIK they've only done DC Comics and Star Wars covers.

New Zealand Mint "Comics"

Edit: I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. We're talking about an AF15 cover and I omitted that they've done some Marvel covers. lol

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

3 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

What’s an ounce of paper worth?

right now, i know a lot of people that would pay a heck of a lot more money than an oz. of silver is worth. especially if it comes in soft round rolls.

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

right now, i know a lot of people that would pay a heck of a lot more money than an oz. of silver is worth. especially if it comes in soft round rolls.

Regardless of silvers value as a metal, it’s ridiculous to think things made out of silver or gold can’t have value beyond that of their components. Nobody says “Action #1 for two million dollars? I can get 500 sheets of  paper for $3!”

Not saying this collectible in particular is worth anything significant. But a collectible made out of silver or gold can have every bit the amount of collectors appeal as one made out of paper. And even if we aren’t talking about collectibles, nobody says “30 grand for a new Camry? I can get 3500lbs of scrap steel for $500!”