• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much will this lower my grade?

3 posts in this topic

One of my comic books that I just bought (off eBay....) was advertised as NM. I was super excited to receive it until I noticed the slightest tear in the upper left corner. Can't be more than a couple mm if that. I'm no expert, in fact I'm only getting ready to ship my first order in for CGC to grade, but this defect automatically disqualifies a NM grading, right?

How much of a knockdown can something like this have on a grade?

On 4/12/2020 at 11:08 AM, Calliekins23 said:

One of my comic books that I just bought (off eBay....) was advertised as NM. I was super excited to receive it until I noticed the slightest tear in the upper left corner. Can't be more than a couple mm if that. I'm no expert, in fact I'm only getting ready to ship my first order in for CGC to grade, but this defect automatically disqualifies a NM grading, right?

You should post here https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Make sure to read the guidelines and  include LOTS of pictures front and back to get the best answers.

Good luck

On 4/12/2020 at 2:08 PM, Calliekins23 said:

No. We would have to see the overall condition of the comic, plus the defect, to give you an idea of whether or not it would still qualify for the NM range. Too many variables to judge based on description alone.