• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics and Beer, y'all!
2 2

53 posts in this topic

Dude..... you should read SPIKE MULLIGAN !!  They are beer drinkers extraordinaire !! 

And if you are a comic collecting craft beer drinker...… try this thread  

BTW - I like your hat 

Edited by Senormac
cuz hats rock

On 4/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, Bax77 said:

I tried to start a Weed and Comics! thread on the CBCS board once, but they will ban you if you talk about drugs! Must hit a nerve with their president :whistle:

Is weed "drugs" ? 

More breweries closer to home ?  I totally understand that !!  

Chile beers meh 

Can art, yea it sucks....

What's that CGC comic on your shelf behind you, second shelf from top, second book from left ? Looks like it could be a Plastic Man . 

Oh...…I see now.  It's a Strange Tales 107 isn't it !!  (thumbsu

Good.... beer swig at 8:32 

Good …. beer swig at 10:40

You need some good Pacific North West beers !!  lol

16 hours ago, DanPiercy said:

@Senormac - yes, Strange Tales 107. Ballast Point (San Diego, I think) does a really nice Habanero Sculpin.

Ballast Point is a solid brewery.  At least they were.  I thought I read that they have sold twice, most recently being bought by some guys in Chicago but I can't find the info now  :(

I might have to place an order and make a run to Bluepoint Brewery out in... Bluepoint (Patchogue area)

Side note: I love watching the rest of the nation try to pronounce Long Island villages and towns named after Native American tribes.

Here have a good read: 

https://www.tripsavvy.com/how-to-pronounce-long-island-place-names-2227181

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I might have to place an order and make a run to Bluepoint Brewery out in... Bluepoint (Patchogue area)

Side note: I love watching the rest of the nation try to pronounce Long Island villages and towns named after Native American tribes.

Here have a good read: 

https://www.tripsavvy.com/how-to-pronounce-long-island-place-names-2227181

Bluepoint is pretty easy to pronounce.

3 hours ago, Greatness said:

Long Island villages are easy.  you were comign to clen my house.  LEts go!

Proving once again, just like in your debut, that you have poor comprehension skills.   I said, I had to clean my kitchen floor.  You will get there though... keep trying. 

2 minutes ago, Greatness said:

No, you were offering cleaning services.  Something about you used to getting mopped all over the floor anyways.  I dont know man, you brought it up in my thread earlier.  You tell me.

Nope.  I did not offer any cleaning services.  Go back and reread. 

“My thread”.  😂 This guy is phenomenal.  

On 4/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, the blob said:

The wife and my youngest on a critical mission to deliver our extra wine (two bottles my wife does not like) and beer (my wife and I are on keto right now, so no beer) to the baby sitter two blocks away who is stuck in her house with her own 3 kids and ran out of booze -- she isn't picky (and who hasn't gotten any work from us and most of her clients in a month).

boozerun.jpg

That tree, is it cherry blossoms?

We have cherry blossoms in Hyde Park, to the best of my knowledge they bloom once a year and it's a whole big thing...people travel down and congregate in the park, take photos, do the entire hoopla. But this year it's cancelled because of Covid19

:sorry:

Comics and Beer, I like it lol. I might be a copy cat and do Cards and Beer on one of the sport card sites I frequent. Fun video to watch, I will keep watching. Seems like I spend more time watching video's on comic and card collecting then I do reading and collecting cards. I guess that's what happens with no evening activities or sports to watch.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:35 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

That tree, is it cherry blossoms?

We have cherry blossoms in Hyde Park, to the best of my knowledge they bloom once a year and it's a whole big thing...people travel down and congregate in the park, take photos, do the entire hoopla. But this year it's cancelled because of Covid19

:sorry:

60 feet behind them is a cherry blossom tree, but this is something else. it does not bloom like a cherry blossom tree.