• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
1 1

153 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I need to find these in my garage. I actually didn't remember finding TWO number 1's for $1. I know I sold 1 (and none of the other issues), but I'm hoping the other is out there (though I don't think so). I was waiting for the show to come out, but maybe I should sell one of each now and wait on the tohers. I've seen the first three episodes through the Amazon Preview program and they're REALLY good. 

From 10/24/2018...

Today was a good day. One of my local LCS has their annual Halloween sale and had 15 or so sorted $1 boxes and some miscellaneous stuff out for the first time. I saw a bundle with an Invincible 1 on top that said 50 issues from 1-76 missing chunks for $40. Obviously I grabbed that as fast as possible as I’d never found one in the wild and actually never owned any of the early issues. As I was digging through the boxes, I stumbled upon Imvincible 1-104 with some multiples of issues before 20. I couldn’t believe my luck! TWO Invincible 1’s for a steal (not to mention all the other quality isssues). Turned out the bundle had 1-13 in it as well!

0196DD67-C8F5-48D1-8B48-ADCDEBD58255.thumb.jpeg.9d1b4816022760a28c814aa14055d7ae.jpeg

That's a great score, even back then...

2 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I realize there are two threads titled the same way, any chance they could be merged?

It's by design, people use this one when the other thread gets locked....

Just now, William-James88 said:

Oh ok, why would the other one get locked?

For randomness, but never anything too serious, it's just that when the mods lock it, it can be locked for a couple of days. It's reference in this thread even, if you look at the time of the posts when it was bumped :foryou: 

3 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

Question for you guys. Is Department of Truth going to be a part of the shared Image universe?

Bleeding Cool keeps mentioning it along with Radiant Black, the new Snyder Series and the new Jeff Johns series every time BC writes about a shared Image universe. 

I’m not really sure how that would work with different creators each owning their own IPs and playing in the same sandbox. 

But, with Marvel and DC trashing continuity over and over, maybe Image and these established creators see an opening (shrug)

Just now, awakeintheashes said:

Bleeding Cool keeps mentioning it along with Radiant Black, the new Snyder Series and the new Jeff Johns series every time BC writes about a shared Image universe. 

I’m not really sure how that would work with different creators each owning their own IPs and playing in the same sandbox. 

But, with Marvel and DC trashing continuity over and over, maybe Image and these established creators see an opening (shrug)

I wouldn't mind getting those titles as long as they follow through on them.  They had a shared universe before and then went away from it and now it looks like Radiant Black kicks it off again.  I just wanted to know who is playing in that sandbox. 

Department of Truth is supposed to be about a FBI agent who investigates conspiracy theories and how they have affected world history. Since it deals with world history I believe Tynion is taking a non-fiction approach when writing the stories. Aliens might pop up but I don't see other fictitious Image characters being a part of Department of Truth's continuity.

Slingers 0 Wizard... now if only my 3 #1 variants would finally explode I’ll sell em.. of all beloved 90s characters Dusk is getting its own spin-off.. Night Thrasher is getting lost in the fray.. what happened to Darkhawk and Nightwatch.. they were supposed to be getting their own treatments 

Edited by littledoom

8 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Department of Truth is supposed to be about a FBI agent who investigates conspiracy theories and how they have affected world history. Since it deals with world history I believe Tynion is taking a non-fiction approach when writing the stories. Aliens might pop up but I don't see other fictitious Image characters being a part of Department of Truth's continuity.

Totally get that. I think this is where all the speculation is coming from, though. 

Link

In fact, with Scott Snyder and Tony Daniel on Nocterra, Geoff Johns and Gary Frank on Geiger, Donny Cates and Geoff Shawon Crossover, James Tynion IV and Martin Simmonds on The Department Of Truth all under the same roof and Kyle Higgins hot off his Power Rangers: Shattered Grid and Ultraman success at Marvel, it looks to me like Image has been quietly collecting a deep bench of the hottest talents in the industry for some big superhero series salvo.

25 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Totally get that. I think this is where all the speculation is coming from, though. 

Link

Yeah, I can see how mentioning Department of Truth in the same article about other Image super-hero titles would lead readers to think that Department of Truth would also contain super-heroes. 

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

Slingers 0 Wizard... now if only my 3 #1 variants would finally explode I’ll sell em.. of all beloved 90s characters Dusk is getting its own spin-off.. Night Thrasher is getting lost in the fray.. what happened to Darkhawk and Nightwatch.. they were supposed to be getting their own treatments 

I thought Nightwatch would work back in the day.  Maybe a little too Spawnesque.   Definitely needs a better writer.

Patrick

On 9/27/2020 at 7:36 PM, followtheleader said:

Junk like the thread getting locked is really torquing me off. Isn't there a better way?  Can't the person get a temp ban without having to lock it?  Would have been instantly over. 

Patrick

Aside from that, so now people have to think about their opinion of characters or comics without insulting someone? I get that it kept going back and forth which made it worse, but the whole canceling opinions or beliefs everywhere is getting really annoying.

2 hours ago, Acegraphix said:

Aside from that, so now people have to think about their opinion of characters or comics without insulting someone? I get that it kept going back and forth which made it worse, but the whole canceling opinions or beliefs everywhere is getting really annoying.

I suppose we could follow the rule that if it isn't something you'd say in front of 20 co-workers then maybe don't say it here? (Yeah, I know, virtually nothing we talk about would be discussed in front of 20 co-workers...)