• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
1 1

153 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Depends of the years and titles 

plenty of image books are worth more than $5

Initial release stuff.  Youngblood, Storm Watch, union, Deathblow, Wildcats, Kindred, Backlash, Pitt....

Got a long box of unbagged Image books that must leave my house....

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

It popped for a minute due to deadpool. 

Nighthrasher, Sleepwalker, Slapstick, Terror Inc, and Speedball had a series for a minute too.

Came across a couple sleepwalker books. Didn’t get past the covers :p

12 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Initial release stuff.  Youngblood, Storm Watch, union, Deathblow, Wildcats, Kindred, Backlash, Pitt....

Pitt later issues - Maxx might sell - everything else not so much 

don’t know how prophet is doing 

newsstands also do well

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

It popped for a minute due to deadpool. 

Nighthrasher, Sleepwalker, Slapstick, Terror Inc, and Speedball had a series for a minute too.

Exactly what I was going to say. 

Slapstick was always pfffffffffffffttttt for me. 

Patrick 

17 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Pitt later issues - Maxx might sell - everything else not so much 

don’t know how prophet is doing 

newsstands also do well

Later Stormwatch can be good too.  Like 37 when Ellis created the new team. 

I honestly think they are undervalued for how many 1sts. 

The 2nd volume of Stormwatch is likely not in there, but #4 is a big one (1st Midnighter(Batman) & Apollo (Superman)).  The end of Vol 2 was great, including the Aliens/Wildcats one-shot. 

Patrick 

4 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Apparently this book is worth more than a dollar now....:banana:

365C1FA3-D830-43CB-83AB-35B4ADD68703.jpeg

It's been worth more than a buck for a long time. I just sold a copy on ebay for $40 a day or two ago, and Halloween II for $45. Still have the Halloween III sitting out there at $45, has some watchers but hasn't moved yet. It will, though. It always does.

Got all of them in a collection I picked up last weekend for $150.

Horror fans are a different breed, sorta the same way Star Wars fans are a different breed. They want what they want, and they'll pay up to get it. And they want stuff that "mainstream" collectors wouldn't look at twice. That's why I always pick this stuff up when I find it cheap. I've probably pulled four or five of those Halloween 1's out of dollar bins and flipped them for $30-$40 over the years. There's also a chromium cover and a glow in the dark that are $$$. I think the GitD jack o'lantern is the coolest. I remember when these came out, I ordered them all from my LCS, I think I paid $7 for the GitD and $10 for the chromium. I was a huge horror collector at the time. (Now I'm just huge!) Wish I still had 'em, they're really nice looking.  The contents...not so hot. 

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Later Stormwatch can be good too.  Like 37 when Ellis created the new team. 

I honestly think they are undervalued for how many 1sts. 

The 2nd volume of Stormwatch is likely not in there, but #4 is a big one (1st Midnighter(Batman) & Apollo (Superman)).  The end of Vol 2 was great, including the Aliens/Wildcats one-shot. 

Patrick 

The Aliens/WIldcats was a $20+ book at one time, but I see them a lot in dollar bins these days. So, I pick 'em up! As you pointed out, I always pick up 37, as you will still find that in dollar bins occasionally. Stormwatch v2 #4, however, I just never, ever see that book at all. Such a classic run. Great stuff.

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

WildCats #11-1st Mr. Majestic is a sleeper IMHO that may never do anything, or could be a big one down the road if they ever do anything with him.  Always thought he was a real cool Superman-esque character that has much potential.

6 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

WildCats #11-1st Mr. Majestic is a sleeper IMHO that may never do anything, or could be a big one down the road if they ever do anything with him.  Always thought he was a real cool Superman-esque character that has much potential.

These?

09C52D96-E66D-4304-B338-F4F37BED5752.jpeg