• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
1 1

153 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

when did this come out? CGC labels read Oct 2020

#3 2nd print of the current series.  That book came out 10/18 according to the CGC example I just looked at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-3-2nd-Print-1st-Full-appearance-of-Knull-CGC-9-8-White-pages-Hot-Comic/154108774916?hash=item23e1994a04:g:i-UAAOSwFtFfXowH

Just 2 weeks ago or so you could have bought copies on ebay for $20 

Edited by gradejunky

3 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

#3 2nd print of the current series.  That book came out 10/18 according to the CGC example I just looked at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-3-2nd-Print-1st-Full-appearance-of-Knull-CGC-9-8-White-pages-Hot-Comic/154108774916?hash=item23e1994a04:g:i-UAAOSwFtFfXowH

Just 2 weeks ago or so you could have bought copies on ebay for $20 

looks like it's been a rather expensive comic for a while now

7 hours ago, BishopT said:

365 I think peaked last last weekend (not this past weekend) There still aren’t nearly as many for sale as the direct edition, but the sold prices on newsstands seem to be inconsistent.

I did pick up two more newsstand copies at the little show here in town, just in case this has legs. There have to be tons of these out there, even as newsstand edition. I think the real thing is finding a NM or NM+ newsie of the book.

Shhh dont blow the scam with facts.

5 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Heating up:

Possessed #1 from clover press Steve Niles

TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #1A 1st print

Venom #3 2nd print getting pricey-no surprise really

FF Antithesis #2

I make it pretty much a rule to never buy an FF book older then 1976 for the most part. 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Shhh dont blow the scam with facts.

I looked at the highest auctions in the past few days. 2 of them had the same highest bidder driving up the price. Definitely shilled, that said there is potential for the book. A natural sale tends to land in the $25-35 range. 

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I make it pretty much a rule to never buy an FF book older then 1976 for the most part. 

He's not wrong. Other than FF 211 (1979) what FF book has kept his value after a spike published after 1976? You can get to a FF run in $1 boxes and basically stop once you get to the Terrax issue. MAYBE you buy some of the Byrne books with Doom/Galactus just because but for the most part there isn't a spec/flip book in the run for the next 40 years. I guess the Marvel Zombies Ultimate issues or FF 15 with Valeria Von Doom are decent books, but that's it. 

7 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

He's not wrong. Other than FF 211 (1979) what FF book has kept his value after a spike published after 1976? You can get to a FF run in $1 boxes and basically stop once you get to the Terrax issue. MAYBE you buy some of the Byrne books with Doom/Galactus just because but for the most part there isn't a spec/flip book in the run for the next 40 years. I guess the Marvel Zombies Ultimate issues or FF 15 with Valeria Von Doom are decent books, but that's it. 

I read it as those are the only ones he buys.

11 hours ago, BishopT said:
13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

This Antithesis #2 could be a good long term spec if you can find it for cover, though.

Yeah you will have that from time to time. Its just a title that I don't have any interest even 
as a speculator unless its absolutely dirt cheap. 

7 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Now I didn't think about Zombies that book I buy constantly UF 21-23 cheap.

Early Nova app sells well and maybe the Nova Corps 205. Its a just a rule for me
especially when I am pressed for time at a convention.

Edited by fastballspecial