• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
1 1

153 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

These?

09C52D96-E66D-4304-B338-F4F37BED5752.jpeg

Image had some awesome stuff!!!! Wildcats,  Cyberforce,  Deathblow, Team7, Wetworks, Stormwatch, General were awesome!!!! I would have loved to see where they would be if they stayed the course.  The Wildstorm catalog is being wasted at DC comics.  Damn shame! :facepalm:

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The Aliens/WIldcats was a $20+ book at one time, but I see them a lot in dollar bins these days. So, I pick 'em up! As you pointed out, I always pick up 37, as you will still find that in dollar bins occasionally. Stormwatch v2 #4, however, I just never, ever see that book at all. Such a classic run. Great stuff.

So I looked up some prices after I posted this today. 

Aliens/Wildcats is doing very well.  $40 range.  Probably a great time to sell due to the hype w/ Marvel picking them up. 

On the sad side, SW 7 seems to have tanked.  IMO, I would grab those at low prices all day. 2 1st appearances in that issue if I recall.  Granted, the cash is in the 9.8's and those are not easy to find. 

SW V2 4 seems to sell very well.  Talking an $80-90 book.  100% agree with your statement about how hard they are to find.  I was collecting Stormwatch since the beginning. I had one hole in that collection, guess what it was.  Took FOREVER to find a copy.  This book is so money and it doesn't even know it. 

Patrick 

7 hours ago, followtheleader said:

On the sad side, SW 7 seems to have tanked.  IMO, I would grab those at low prices all day. 2 1st appearances in that issue if I recall.  Granted, the cash is in the 9.8's and those are not easy to find. 

Stormwatch v1 #7? I can only find one or two sales of the book in 9.8 and it looks like they sold for $10. 

7 hours ago, followtheleader said:

So I looked up some prices after I posted this today. 

Aliens/Wildcats is doing very well.  $40 range.  Probably a great time to sell due to the hype w/ Marvel picking them up. 

SW V2 4 seems to sell very well.  Talking an $80-90 book.  100% agree with your statement about how hard they are to find.  I was collecting Stormwatch since the beginning. I had one hole in that collection, guess what it was.  Took FOREVER to find a copy.  This book is so money and it doesn't even know it. 

Patrick 

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up on Aliens/Stormwatch! I thought it was weird that it had totally bottomed out, I guess it’s been swept up in the Aliens buying frenzy since Marvel announced their new title. I got a copy a month ago for a buck. Now to tell myself it’s ok to let a few of these go...

5 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Stormwatch v1 #7? I can only find one or two sales of the book in 9.8 and it looks like they sold for $10. 

Sorry, I fat fingered it.  Was supposed to be V1 37 (1st Warren Ellis, 1st Hawksmoor, 1st Jenny Sparks).

Patrick

23 hours ago, gradejunky said:

yep

These 90s image books are a definite blindspot for me as I don't know the semi fake keys. I kept the obvious ones, but donated about a short box of ones that looked like fancy covers and no substance to goodwill. My older brother used to buy like 10 image books a week, read them in 5 minutes, and then give them to me as he did not collect and would never read them again (and his fiance hated that he read comic).

Edited by the blob

41 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Sorry, I fat fingered it.  Was supposed to be V1 37 (1st Warren Ellis, 1st Hawksmoor, 1st Jenny Sparks).

Patrick

Book is all over, not a lot of listing now, mostly $15+. Have seen some sales where it went for nothing along with a bunch of other books. My comic shop apparently thought it was a $2 book not long ago.. shockingly they are now out of stock: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stormwatch-37-VF-1996-Stock-Image/133603306899?hash=item1f1b60ad93:g:NG0AAOSwidZf0ulz

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up on Aliens/Stormwatch! I thought it was weird that it had totally bottomed out, I guess it’s been swept up in the Aliens buying frenzy since Marvel announced their new title. I got a copy a month ago for a buck. Now to tell myself it’s ok to let a few of these go...

Aliens/Wildcats? This one sold for $2, although there have been higher sales.. the book is all over the place: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WildC-A-T-S-Aliens-1-August-1998-First-Print-Image-Comics/224309350498?hash=item3439e11062:g:QQAAAOSwljNf-INA    The Darkhorse version/cover seems to be less numerous and does better ... But both are definetelty worth looking out for

22 hours ago, the blob said:

Aliens/Wildcats? This one sold for $2, although there have been higher sales.. the book is all over the place: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WildC-A-T-S-Aliens-1-August-1998-First-Print-Image-Comics/224309350498?hash=item3439e11062:g:QQAAAOSwljNf-INA    The Darkhorse version/cover seems to be less numerous and does better ... But both are definetelty worth looking out for

Yes, Aliens/Wildcats, I always conflate it with Stormwatch as that's basically where the Authority began.