• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS shipping issues?
4 4

137 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

Yeah, patience is the key, its usually 3 to 10 days from the US to UK, last few packages have been 3 weeks or more but still arrived without problems.

A lot of the tracking doesnt make a lot of sense at the moment, I have one flying from SF to LA and back again for some reason lol 

I still have every confidence it will be here soon, just gotta trust the system :) 

Screenshot_2.png.cc1fe5bf42bc69cff13b160576a5bc8b.png

We are going through weird times right now. Shipping of all kinds are bogged down. 

My mailman (who I have gotton to know pretty well), told me that there a lot of people calling in sick in his branch. Tell your mail carrier how much you appreciate them any time to can. 

As a matter of fact spread the thanks to health care workers, police, grocery store employees, delivery drivers and everyone who are literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit.

And just be patient...

36 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

We are going through weird times right now. Shipping of all kinds are bogged down. 

My mailman (who I have gotton to know pretty well), told me that there a lot of people calling in sick in his branch. Tell your mail carrier how much you appreciate them any time to can. 

As a matter of fact spread the thanks to health care workers, police, grocery store employees, delivery drivers and everyone who are literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit.

And just be patient...

Yup, imagine handling thousands of packages a day.. Its just a matter of time before a mailman sorts one with Covid glitter on it. Probably a lot more than one. Ive had 3 workers at my post office that were sick because of flu like symptoms just this month. They werent tested but its pretty obvious they got it. God bless all of them

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

And just be patient...

Yeah my Mailman is great, a few years ago when he started I showed him some comics and asked him never to fold any packages that were badly (ebay) packed, he has never let me down yet and when I have been out he has called back later or kept it on his van to redeliver next day rather than send back to base, I always tip him well at Christmas and it has paid off bigtime :) 

To my astonishment, people are using Media Mail more often against USPS rules about shipping comic books are disqualified AND USPS employees/carriers seemingly don't mind to let them go through while desperate time.

I used Media Mail five years ago. They didn't allow me ever since until now I have used Media Mail without ANY issue.

21 hours ago, JollyComics said:

To my astonishment, people are using Media Mail more often against USPS rules about shipping comic books are disqualified AND USPS employees/carriers seemingly don't mind to let them go through while desperate time.

I used Media Mail five years ago. They didn't allow me ever since until now I have used Media Mail without ANY issue.

Right now, the USPS should be glad to get any business they can.

-slym

And here’s a new one 

I have a buyer that wanted a refund for an item which was “not as described” (high end book nonetheless) WITHOUT returning the book! 
He said that it endangers him to go to the post office and he is demanding a full refund.

for what it’s worth, I offer a 30 day return full refund policy and the buyer has 0 feedback. Not that it matters, but just thought I’d mention it

17 minutes ago, slym2none said:

-slym

Funny thing, I wait for that package since Monday (it was supposed to deliver at my home address - I know this dealer using Media Mail many times).

395275289_ScreenShot2020-04-22at5_58_37PM.thumb.png.763071ab3ee82bbd457885f00bbb3aa5.png

I won't be surprised that package was sent back to the shipper.

2 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Funny thing, I wait for that package since Monday (it was supposed to deliver at my home address - I know this dealer using Media Mail many times).

395275289_ScreenShot2020-04-22at5_58_37PM.thumb.png.763071ab3ee82bbd457885f00bbb3aa5.png

I won't be surprised that package was sent back to the shipper.

I wonder if there is a problem with the Chicago post office. This is a sale I shipped on April 2 and refunded today.

Mail.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dr Zen said:

I wonder if there is a problem with the Chicago post office. This is a sale I shipped on April 2 and refunded today.

Mail.jpg

That Chicago Distribution Center was where my comic books were reportedly stolen twice (last time was 2016). Most of my books were recovered in different hands via eBay (the sellers returned my books). I hope the book goes back to the seller.

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

And here’s a new one 

I have a buyer that wanted a refund for an item which was “not as described” (high end book nonetheless) WITHOUT returning the book! 
He said that it endangers him to go to the post office and he is demanding a full refund.

for what it’s worth, I offer a 30 day return full refund policy and the buyer has 0 feedback. Not that it matters, but just thought I’d mention it

I had this happen last month. If you are selling on eBay you can initiate a claim at the resolution center prior to the customer doing so. It is better to be proactive rather than reactive. I received a credit to my acct and my book was still returned to me. Keep us posted, and good luck.

8 hours ago, Kree8ev1 said:

I had this happen last month. If you are selling on eBay you can initiate a claim at the resolution center prior to the customer doing so. It is better to be proactive rather than reactive. I received a credit to my acct and my book was still returned to me. Keep us posted, and good luck.

I’m not too worried. I know ebay gets a lot of bad rep from sellers but in all honestly they always helped me out when I had unreasonable buyers. In the past 8 years selling there I’ve had premature negative fb removed and cases where buyers were out of their minds resolved in my favor. Now just to be clear, I ALWAYS treat my buyers with the utmost respect. Never engage in tit for tat unnecessary rhetoric, always always accept returns when buyers request and do partial refunds if necessary. But one thing I don’t tolerate is ignorance and thank god ebay doesn’t either

Ended up getting my second package 10 days after the guaranteed delivery date.   eBay refunded me the shipping without me asking because it went past the guarantee-- I keep things in perspective and it ain't the end of the world if I have to wait longer than usual-- but apparently they contacted the seller and he flipped out on me for "opening a case" when I could have just emailed him.   When I told him to calm down, and that I didn't do anything other than click OK when eBay asked if I wanted a credit for shipping he went radio silent.

Keep it in perspective, everything is upended and people who are still working are doing their best.

Has anyone dealt with USPS Priority packages not even being scanned in at all?

I shipped out one package two weeks ago and it got delivered quickly, but tracking never updated and even now it still says it's in "Pre-shipment" aka shipping label created but not scanned in.

Unfortunately I have a couple other packages that also went out two weeks ago and never got scanned in and never got delivered, according to customers. USPS support line or workers at the post office can't help me because the packages aren't scanned in so obviously they can't track it. 

I'm hoping they're just held up somewhere and will end up being delivered, but at what point should I file a claim with USPS, insurance and refund the customers? Thankfully they are understanding of the situation, for now, but it's frustrating not even knowing where the packages are.

Edited by shortboxed

8 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

Has anyone dealt with USPS Priority packages not even being scanned in at all?

I shipped out one package two weeks ago and it got delivered quickly, but tracking never updated and even now it still says it's in "Pre-shipment" aka shipping label created but not scanned in.

Unfortunately I have a couple other packages that also went out two weeks ago and never got scanned in and never got delivered, according to customers. USPS support line or workers at the post office can't help me because the packages aren't scanned in so obviously they can't track it. 

I'm hoping they're just held up somewhere and will end up being delivered, but at what point should I file a claim with USPS, insurance and refund the customers? Thankfully they are understanding of the situation, for now, but it's frustrating not even knowing where the packages are.

I believe USPS Priority packages are always scanned. At least mine are, here in the Bay area. And I try to get the scan receipt when I hand off to a PO worker. If I ever just drop off into the bin, I check over the next day that it has been entered in the USPS tracking system.  Where is your Post Office? Maybe they are too damn lazy...

28 minutes ago, silverweb said:

I believe USPS Priority packages are always scanned. At least mine are, here in the Bay area. And I try to get the scan receipt when I hand off to a PO worker. If I ever just drop off into the bin, I check over the next day that it has been entered in the USPS tracking system.  Where is your Post Office? Maybe they are too damn lazy...

I'm in Seattle. I've shipped tons of packages during this same period with no issues, except for these that never got scanned. I highly doubt it's theft, since I had another package not get scanned at all but still got delivered somehow. Very odd. 

On 4/22/2020 at 6:39 PM, slym2none said:

-slym

This came up actually with the clerks at the post office.  I had remarked how despite the stay at home orders around the nation that I was seeing a sudden surge in sales.  I remarked that people must be bored and just looking for things to buy online.  Post office people told me that they have been packaging more packages than usual and they believed it. 

Think about it, with everyone staying home, now even more so, online sales are going up while brick and mortar is obviously in a decline.   The Post Office is handling a lot of it. 

59 minutes ago, silverweb said:

28 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

I'm in Seattle. I've shipped tons of packages during this same period with no issues, except for these that never got scanned. I highly doubt it's theft, since I had another package not get scanned at all but still got delivered somehow. Very odd. 

Very true.  There are a couple of reasons that packages may not be scanned at the point of departure.   Yes, it might be out of laziness.  In other cases it might be due to sheer volume of packages at a given point and it might be more efficient to pass them along to sorting and have it be scanned at the next stop.  The risk of that though is for the package to become lost between the point of departure and sorting. 

I always make sure the packages are scanned and want that receipt.  If they tell me that they will get to it, I politely say that I have no problem waiting as I need that receipt.  Now we all know that we don't actually need the receipt.  However, the receipt guarantees that it was scanned. 

I went through this dropping off a giant lego set at Walgreens the other day.  They have a Fed Ex drop off there and I understand that they were short staffed but I was not leaving that set around until it was scanned so I could have proof through the tracking that they had taken possession of it. 

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
12 hours ago, silverweb said:

11 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Very true.  There are a couple of reasons that packages may not be scanned at the point of departure.   Yes, it might be out of laziness.  In other cases it might be due to sheer volume of packages at a given point and it might be more efficient to pass them along to sorting and have it be scanned at the next stop.  The risk of that though is for the package to become lost between the point of departure and sorting. 

I always make sure the packages are scanned and want that receipt.  If they tell me that they will get to it, I politely say that I have no problem waiting as I need that receipt.  Now we all know that we don't actually need the receipt.  However, the receipt guarantees that it was scanned. 

I went through this dropping off a giant lego set at Walgreens the other day.  They have a Fed Ex drop off there and I understand that they were short staffed but I was not leaving that set around until it was scanned so I could have proof through the tracking that they had taken possession of it. 

Our Posties here always scan at the windows and give me a receipt.  Which is why I take it to the windows.

But I do live in a small town - I stopped in to post a package yesterday, on the way to walk the dog, and there was a line of six people - forget it. I came back on the way home from walkies, and there was no line.

When I used to arrange for home pick-ups, sometimes those books would not be scanned in...., which is why I now, almost always, take it to the window, and insure that it is done.  The only exception is if I have to leave early in the morning for a trip.