• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS shipping issues?
4 4

137 posts in this topic

One thing that I've noticed in the past two weeks is our local post offices don't seem to be bothering with acceptance scans and things are going 2-4 days before being scanned for the first time. Even with Priority Mail and First Class stuff. The buyer just thinks the worst. And don't even get me going on International packaged. I sent a package via 1st Class Air Mail to Australia and it took 40 days.

I'd have a problem with usps if it was just usps, that's the one going all over the country just to come back and eventually end up in TX

But UPS also was at the hub within 24 hours and I assumed going to take another 24 hours to be delivered, but then instead it says "on the way" at 5:50 am so I'm confused as to what they're all about as well. Seemingly it's on a trip and if it updates I'll report back

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd have a problem with usps if it was just usps, that's the one going all over the country just to come back and eventually end up in TX

But UPS also was at the hub within 24 hours and I assumed going to take another 24 hours to be delivered, but then instead it says "on the way" at 5:50 am so I'm confused as to what they're all about as well. Seemingly it's on a trip and if it updates I'll report back

well lol that was a quick update, UPS is ..... well, their "on its way" heading for tracking means, "out for delivery" as it was on the doorstep, good to know

Now if the USPS this thread is about would stop going to distribution centers in other states before getting to Texas I'd be ok :wishluck: 

A package shipped on 3/27 via first class mail arrived at the major USPS distribution near my home by the 31st but then decided to take the scenic route. It left Jersey City and headed to PA, St. Louis, and Mississippi. It then came back to Jersey City and took 3 days to go a handful of miles Newark and then near my house. It finally arrived on 4/13. 

A purchase I made on April 3 was sent first class on April 4 and is set to be delivered today. Over a month to go from Tennessee to Massachusetts. 

A purchase I made on April 29 was sent the same day priority from NJ to MA and tracking hasn't updated since May 5, merely showing as "Arriving late". 

I've also sent out numerous packages over the last couple months that have taken multiple weeks to reach their destination. 

Something's up. 

6 hours ago, Ryan. said:

A purchase I made on April 3 was sent first class on April 4 and is set to be delivered today. Over a month to go from Tennessee to Massachusetts. 

A purchase I made on April 29 was sent the same day priority from NJ to MA and tracking hasn't updated since May 5, merely showing as "Arriving late". 

I've also sent out numerous packages over the last couple months that have taken multiple weeks to reach their destination. 

Something's up. 

They are consolidating more facilities. I won't post any links, but just search USPS closing facilities.

18 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

They are consolidating more facilities. I won't post any links, but just search USPS closing facilities.

Great... 

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Just received this abomination in the mail. Run over? Burned with cigarettes? Lit on fire? Who knows! The envelope was also moist when I opened it. 

20210508_125807.jpg

It looks like your envelope was the placemat for an all-night USPS party.

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Just received this abomination in the mail. Run over? Burned with cigarettes? Lit on fire? Who knows! The envelope was also moist when I opened it. 

20210508_125807.jpg

What in the bowels of hell??

19 minutes ago, Tnexus said:

No kidding. Like, was the tape added before or after it got destroyed?

It's all unknowable. The insides also smelled like someone sprayed a particularly nauseating perfume in there. 

I've been as critical as anybody here about USPS, but I have to say that I've noticed a big improvement over the last couple of months. True, their service level had been in the gutter for a long time, so maybe my expectations have also been lowered. There was a time I worried about every package I sent out or ordered, and now I'm pretty confident they will arrive at their destination (eventually). I guess only expecting a company to fulfill it's purpose for existing is still a pretty low bar.