• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS shipping issues?
4 4

137 posts in this topic

Does anyone else experience problems with unusual latency issues with packages deliveries as of late?

Ive had 3 open cases from buyers in the past 24 hours that claim that their packages didnt arrive although they were delivered almost 14 days ago

This has happened to me before, but not at this rate. For those who dont know, when that happens, call the USPS and open a case. That usually alerts them and gets the book to get back on track within 48-72 hrs. At least thats how quick it was recovered in the past, hope it doesnt change now

so far, everything I have been getting has been fairly normal. I did have a priority mail package on the day it was supposed to be delivered scan as arrived at a post office only 20 miles away from the originator, but moved fairly quickly after that to me on a 3rd day.

I have a media mail that is supposed to be arriving on the 17th that was first mailed on the 10th. 

I wouldn't call "mine" "issues" but rather anomalies...

I've had packages being sent priority, which is 2-3 day initially estimate 2 day arrival and it ends up being 3 and "arriving late" ; also, I'm in Dallas, which is next to fort worth and have had a priority mail go to fort worth distribution center scan arrival, then scan leaving for a couple of days and a couple of different times, until actually leaving and coming to Dallas distribution etc....

No complaints cause they all got here, normally I'd be impatient, but with the pandemic, everything has kind of slowed down....

Hope that helps :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
"mine"

I am having an issue with first class packages as well.

The last two I’ve sent have been really delayed. The first one went over a week without being scanned and took about 14 days to be delivered.

The second one was mailed a week ago from Arizona and has been scanned as “departing Grand Rapids distribution center" three separate times now. 

Both of these packages were sent to Michigan 

Fortunately the buyers have been understanding so far

Edited by Rockyjo3

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wouldn't call them "issues" but rather anomalies...

I've had packages being sent priority, which is 2-3 day initially estimate 2 day arrival and it ends up being 3 and "arriving late" ; also, I'm in Dallas, which is next to fort worth and have had a priority mail go to fort worth distribution center scan arrival, then scan leaving for a couple of days and a couple of different times, until actually leaving and coming to Dallas distribution etc....

No complaints cause they all got here, normally I'd be impatient, but with the pandemic, everything has kind of slowed down....

Hope that helps :)

When you get 3 open cases from customers in 24 hours its an "issue"

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

When you get 3 open cases from customers in 24 hours its an "issue"

I agree. I was speaking about mine not being as bad as yours lol

But just thought I'd add mine... :makepoint:

I have one guy who initially was accusing me of stuff (says he "got a call from the post office" that my tracking number was only uploaded and not shipped) but he seems to have relaxed a bit.

Yes.  I sent off four letters last Monday.  Two were for state tax returns - one mine and the other my parent's.  We are able to check online to see if they were received.  Mine shows yes but my parent's does not.  Hoping it just has not been processed yet.

One of the letters was payment for an auction.  It did not arrive until today.  I normally pay via paypal but with a check, there is a 2% discount and given the total, it seemed worth it.  I was actually going to put a stop payment on it today when I received the email that it arrived there this morning.  The letter was from OKC to Rhode Island - normally a few days but never a week.