• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS shipping issues?
4 4

137 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, vheflin said:

box.jpg.5fdb7885140f05a348b82c7efbd232eb.jpg

As it turns out, mostly freedom supplies for oppressed Canadians.  :sumo:

Stuff that needs to sit here for awhile, until the coast is clear..., and so it can be thoroughly examined before reshipment. :cool: 

Edited by lizards2
there were some Limey books in there too, that are making the circuitous route over the pond

I am having USPS issues.  I ordered comic supplies like 3 weeks ago through amazon, and have not gotten my stuff yet.  I just wrote to the seller trying to figure out where it is, or at least to get tracking numbers.

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Isn't USPS going to get privatized soon if there isn't funding?  Can't wait to start paying 10 bucks to send a letter...

I really doubt it - it would be too big of a mess to untangle from the government.  Even though the government is the one currently applying the stranglehold.

18 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Lizard, how are you holding up during this quarantine? 

We are just fine. My wife has been home, but we are pretty compatible. She said she has gained insight into my "secret, retired life", and this quarantine has made her decide to fully retire.  We usually get a game of cribbage in each day, and movie each night.

We are probably where we like to be, at home.  I'm not up at the Elks as much for social stuff, but am up there almost daily for membership maintenance.  Also, I have been helping with some take-out lunches and dinners that the Elks have been doing (to pay for overhead) that has got me out of the house a bit, and satisfied any desire I might have to be around other people.  I also get the dog out once a day at least, and sometimes twice.  We did a three-miler yesterday and a two-miler today, with a lot of elevation change.  This photo is when you get half way up the hill on the north side of Bullard Canyon, half way up on the three-miler.

image.thumb.png.61eddb011d169c788d84ae76301a539e.png

I'm relishing the cessation of required travel, and it will enable me to participate in the VCC this weekend, for a change.  Although, I'm hoping they don't clamp down anymore on travel around here, as I have a spring bear tag for John Day country with my brothers.  The weather has been so nice, I'm kind of thinking the annual three night affair might turn into 9-10 nights camping in the  woods.  The photo is my brother (who is 11 years older than me), last year, and of course the dog.  We had bonfires every night when the rain stopped.

202411564_Mark2019Bear.jpg.39a1eec25f6beaaf87807b2422191f27.jpg

How are you doing?

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

We are just fine. My wife has been home, but we are pretty compatible. She said she has gained insight into my "secret, retired life", and this quarantine has made her decide to fully retire.  We usually get a game of cribbage in each day, and movie each night.

We are probably where we like to be, at home.  I'm not up at the Elks as much for social stuff, but am up there almost daily for membership maintenance.  Also, I have been helping with some take-out lunches and dinners that the Elks have been doing (to pay for overhead) that has got me out of the house a bit, and satisfied any desire I might have to be around other people.  I also get the dog out once a day at least, and sometimes twice.  We did a three-miler yesterday and a two-miler today, with a lot of elevation change.  This photo is when you get half way up the hill on the north side of Bullard Canyon, half way up on the three-miler.

image.thumb.png.61eddb011d169c788d84ae76301a539e.png

I'm relishing the cessation of required travel, and it will enable me to participate in the VCC this weekend, for a change.  Although, I'm hoping they don't clamp down anymore on travel around here, as I have a spring bear tag for John Day country with my brothers.  The weather has been so nice, I'm kind of thinking the annual three night affair might turn into 9-10 nights camping in the  woods.  The photo is my brother (who is 11 years older than me), last year, and of course the dog.  We had bonfires every night when the rain stopped.

202411564_Mark2019Bear.jpg.39a1eec25f6beaaf87807b2422191f27.jpg

How are you doing?

Wonderful photos, Lizards.  Thank you for the update.  I'm doing well too... spending a lot of time at home and trying not to stress out too much about the virus.

My book buying has really come to a standstill the last few weeks.  Bought a few gift cards at my LCS to support them. 

I've been watching a lot of tv recently.  Westworld  season 3 is great if you haven't seen it yet.  I also go out early mornings for a walk to do some physical activity. 

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Wonderful photos, Lizards.  Thank you for the update.  I'm doing well too... spending a lot of time at home and trying not to stress out too much about the virus.

My book buying has really come to a standstill the last few weeks.  Bought a few gift cards at my LCS to support them. 

I've been watching a lot of tv recently.  Westworld  season 3 is great if you haven't seen it yet.  I also go out early mornings for a walk to do some physical activity. 

Thanks.  I haven't seen Westword, other than the movie that was out back in the early 70s(?).  

I've been thinking about doing some more stuff for physical activity.  I quit weightlifting after I was off at deer and elk season for a couple months (about 4 years ago) and seriously f'd myself up when I started back in.  The hill hiking keeps me in enough shape so I'm not miserably sore for hunting seasons, other than my rifle carrying arms.  I don't carry it slinged when hunting - kind of "port arms", and other variations of "ready", so it takes a toll, until you get used to it...., usually on the 6th or 7th day...., But, it keeps you ready for the those brief windows when you actually see something.  Anyway, thinking of starting in on some push-ups and that sort of stuff.

3 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

I’m waiting on a parcel from California it hasn’t updated since March 23rd but it could be stuck at one of our customs offices. (shrug)

Some Californicatin' surfer postie is probably using your book for a drink coaster down at the beach.  :martini:

Don't worry, mon...., be happy!  :smirk:

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Some Californicatin' surfer postie is probably using your book for a drink coaster down at the beach.  :martini:

Still might be better then lining for a lizards cage. 

1 minute ago, topofthetotem said:

Still might be better then lining for a lizards cage. 

Naah…., our poop is neat.

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm still waiting for my package from @arexcrooke

I'm using the lateness to harass him even more than usual. 

2 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Naah…., our poop is neat.

I take your word on that. 

It's complimentary in every mailing! 

1 minute ago, greggy said:

I'm still waiting for my package from @arexcrooke

I'm using the lateness to harass him even more than usual. 

North Carolina through the Seattle sphincter?  Forget about it.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Nope, it went through Miami and is now MIA

Edited by greggy
arex is a hick

Just now, greggy said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Nope, it went through Miami and is now MIA

Edited just now by greggy
arex is a hick

Sounds like it's taking the slow boat thru Nova Scotia.  The boat was probably sunk by p.o.'d lobsters.