• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS shipping issues?
4 4

137 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bakerbr13 said:

I have three packages that I am waiting on. All saying "in transit arriving late". But this morning, it changed to no delivery date and "transporting to next facility". Ughhhh, I just want my books. 

Yup same message for mine.

13 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

That's like my wife every time I get something in the mail.   

I'm the middleman for a premiere Canadian edjumacator here on the Boards...,, so I just blame all the packages on him...., "what did that pesky Robert buy today???"

1 hour ago, WoWitHurts said:

I had 48 original artwork in a 2-day priority box. It was 9 days late and went dark for as much as 5 days. From what I gathered from a USPS worker thread on Reddit, they are swamped and have a lot of people out sick.

That was my guess - the priority goes first, as much as possible, that's whey it may be that first class and media are lagging.

2 hours ago, marmat said:

What is your experience with packages coming from outside the US? 

The ones from France, came by slowboat. The one sent two weeks prior, came day after the last package mailed.

Not sure if they were loaded with corona-cooties or not.

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Domestic. Can you believe I sent a package from Flushing to Jackson Hts and it ended all the way in San-Fran after 10 days? Now its on its way back to the original destination

Illinois to me... wait... no... passed THROUGH my local post office to another town's post office.  Called them up to pick it up there... Nope... they put it in the system... it went upstate New York... back to Jersey... to Queens and then delivered to me in Nassau County. 

Sure.  I was lucky to even get it I thought to myself...

And GI Joe Snake Eyes was safe and sound... and in the end that is all that mattered. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I ship from Spain, it usually take 7 to 10 days to arrive, now it is more like 20 to 25 days. 

The tracking still works well, a bit late but at least the info is there and the buyer and I can follow the packages during the process. 

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Illinois to me... wait... no... passed THROUGH my local post office to another town's post office.  Called them up to pick it up there... Nope... they put it in the system... it went upstate New York... back to Jersey... to Queens and then delivered to me in Nassau County. 

Sure.  I was lucky to even get it I thought to myself...

And GI Joe Snake Eyes was safe and sound... and in the end that is all that mattered. 

That is crazy. Now I just hope my items don’t end up leaving the country in order to get back to bayside 

I had 2 packages shipped to me from Heritage in TX on the 17th and they were marked as late by yesterday, the 18th! These are priority mail.

I also continue to hear from one buyer about where are his comics. Finally told him we can cancel the order, he can refuse delivery or return to sender when they do arrive and he said he can wait until may 7 but after that...

doh!

To put this in perspective for myself included... who cares about our comics and toys?  My mom asked me if the mail was slow because she knows I am always shipping things and getting things in the mail.  When I asked why she told me that they were waiting on pills that help regulate their health.  They were not anything major.. just stuff cheaper through the mail due to my dad's health care retirement plan. 

The pills only came a day or two late but I can only imagine what is going on with those waiting for essential packages with serious health issues. 

I now have 22 messages from the guy wanting to know where his comics are! He has a right to know what happened!

ugh

This was 2 ebay orders for 82 comics total, blowing them out deals. I got most in a priority mail box, forgot some and then shipped those a few days after he let me know they were missing. (They would not have fit anyway but I did forget them!) So 20 comics, half of one lot he bought for $10. My mistake on leaving them out, I thought I had it down but once I filled that flat rate box I guess my brain turned off! In any event, he wants his comics. He had offered $5 extra for shipping if they needed a 2nd package but I didn't take it. Tracking was never even uploaded at my post office, they could still be there (it has been about 2 weeks) and they were sent media which is taking forever.

Now 22 messages later, HE WANTS HIS COMICS! HE HAS A RIGHT TO THEM!

I offered refund, send the ones he has back and refuse delivery when the others eventually arrive. But no, he wants his comics. Seems he cannot do without the Obama JSC cover.

He said, once, that he was okay waiting until 5/7/20 (he set that date arbitrarily I guess) but once again wants his comics. He is calling the post office this morning to see where they are, he has a right to his comics.

ugh

Get some perspective brother!

Edited by Bird

I can only imagine, I have buyer after buyer sending me messages regarding their delayed books. And that’s with me playing my cards right shipping next day fully tracked. Even had a guy that left me a positive feedback “I believe my book is in lilmbo” without even contacting me!! what a tool, he probably tried to leave me a negative but because the books hasn’t arrived yet and me having 100% positive top seller reviews he couldn’t, so he went with that. THE VERY NEXT DAY he received his book. 
I opened cases with the post office for all books which were delayed past 15 days. 
It’s a pain in the arse but IT DOES HELP. Opening a case gets the post office to track the package and put it back on track. Happens all the time and if you’re a seller you HAVE TO DO IT otherwise your package may be sitting in a closed facility or one that simply has no knowledge it’s pulled out of its route for whatever reason. 
tough times but all in all it’s working out

Took about a month for a package to get to me in the USA from Canada. Was lost in tracking for over two weeks. 

These days, there a lot more important things than comic books. We just all gotta learn something that is missing in today’s society...patience!

42 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Took about a month for a package to get to me in the USA from Canada. Was lost in tracking for over two weeks. 

These days, there a lot more important things than comic books. We just all gotta learn something that is missing in today’s society...patience!

Yeah, patience is the key, its usually 3 to 10 days from the US to UK, last few packages have been 3 weeks or more but still arrived without problems.

A lot of the tracking doesnt make a lot of sense at the moment, I have one flying from SF to LA and back again for some reason lol 

I still have every confidence it will be here soon, just gotta trust the system :) 

Screenshot_2.png.cc1fe5bf42bc69cff13b160576a5bc8b.png