• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voldemort
1 1

24 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Always Pub Time said:

Were you there early on, when all the underhanded stuff like PCS and Jay Parrino was going on? Did you guys ever talk about how Steve/CGC manipulated the hobby into accepting pressing and new Resto definitions, how they gave inside information to certain dealers, stuff like that?

I was there from 2002 -  2006. I worked in the same room with him every day for at least 8 hours a day, five days a week. In fact, I sat in close proximity to him because I was one of his pre-graders for most of that time period.

In my opinion, CGC has always been a well run, professional operation that cares about their customers and tries to do their best for everyone, regardless of any perceived status in the community. If there was anything "underhanded" going on, I never saw it or overheard it being discussed...

2 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I was there from 2002 -  2006. I worked in the same room with him every day for at least 8 hours a day, five days a week. In fact, I sat in close proximity to him because I was one of his pre-graders for most of that time period.

In my opinion, CGC has always been a well run, professional operation that cares about their customers and tries to do their best for everyone, regardless of any perceived status in the community. If there was anything "underhanded" going on, I never saw it or overheard it being discussed...

3wx4u3.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

On 4/14/2020 at 1:22 PM, Always Pub Time said:

A little Jay Parrino...

I read through that whole thread, and all I can see is that this Jay Parrino only got into comics when professional grading started. I also saw in the thread where people were upset that he really didn't like comics.

Were you there early on, when all the underhanded stuff like PCS and Jay Parrino was going on?

What is the above all about?