• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would CGC call this color touch?

25 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, gadzukes said:

Your close-up was an extreme close up, so I imagine even if you lost a little paper.... in the scheme of thing the comic still looks quite nice.  Can wee see a pic of the full cover? JIM 76 right?

Sorry, I had missed your request until I came back to report on the grade. It got a 7.0 Universal OW, which I am very happy with.

JIM76.jpg

Edited by mysterio

On 4/30/2020 at 10:23 PM, James J Johnson said:

+1. CGC won't beat around the bush. They'll purple label this with warp speed. It's color-touch. No getting around it with technicalities.

They're actually obligated to hit it for color touch. If they don't, people will think they missed it...  

11 hours ago, This is Who We Are said:

If you submit a comic or magazine with ct, can you ask them to simply knock the grade and provide a blue label or will they always throw a purple label at it?

You can ask CCS to remove the color touch and then have it graded, but if you send it directly to CGC they'll grade it the way it is and hit it for color touch. I hope that answers your question...