• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insert production error - Tattooz left out of insert

12 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

CGC would very likely give that a green label. And it's usually not a "production error" either...  

Yup, it can be removed without taking out the who insert.  The tattooz is tiny and can fit through the slot on top. 

9 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

He speaks!!!!:whatthe:

Yeah, I had to check more closely now.  In the past, I just checked to see if it appears that the yellow cardboard insert was complete but I never really looked closely until it was pointed out to me how small the insert was actually. 

11 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

That’s what I’ve always seen.  Was just wondering if this was purely a PGX thing.:insane:

ComicLink is currently auctioning off a qualified 9.6 with the tattooz missing but the insert present. 

RAD6C0952020117_102257.jpg

The Tattooz insert is an unsealed envelope which is supposed to contain a Tattooz (temporary tattoo).  The insert is usually inserted between the cover and first wrap so that the insert wraps around the spine and is stapled by the top staple.  The opening of the insert is usually accessible between the last page and the back cover (I say "usually" because I have a book where the insert is wrapped so that the opening of the insert is between the front cover and first page, making the contents of the insert inaccessible).  Therefore, in most cases where an insert is Tattooz-less, it is impossible to say whether the insert was produced without a Tattooz or the Tattooz was removed.  The attached photo is of a Tattooz insert which was never attached to a book, and shows the opening of the insert.

20200414_204326.jpg

Edited by androolx