• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desperate Times friends.

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My name is Chris, a fellow comic book enthusiast slash lover of all kinds of vintage things. So May 15th will be 9 years I’ve have operated my brick and mortar shop in my hometown. Grateful to have made it this far actually. Back in 2017 I purchase Junkdrawer.com through go daddy and always envisioned as I look around my shop having everything in it in an online e-commerce setup. Certainly running the shop 7 days per week and life things, well this dream has never made it off the back burner. That is until now during this quarantine. My shop ordered shut down by my governor on Mar 24, 2020. Deciding to be creative and proactive I reach to the back burner and proceeded to list things (my Moses moment). Bumbling through the platform with the aid of my 18 yr old son, we were moving along at a good clip the 2 of us. Approaching 900 some time today in about 7-8 days since we turned the online shop on. Have had a 4 inspirational sales happen and it was just like eBay as I printed labels out the same easy way. Everything is linked together and we are adding about 100 items per day. Today I have gone as far as to add an online dollar bin. Who does that? I happy to earn my money by hard work, it’s all I know, so this that’s the easy part. Anyway I wanted to invite you to a visit, hopefully you can check back from time to time to see the efforts being put in. 
May 5th they are saying is the day I will be able to open the shop to the public. That remains to be seen and again, my nose is on the grindstone to have 3000 items listed by that date. And should it be extended, well I will be all the more happier knowing I have begun to develop my online shop. If and when I am actually allowed to open, I may just remain open on weekends, and keep the online listing going strong during the week. The only real positive thing about the brick and mortar is the ability to buy stuff. So that’s important to me as for now. 

I do value the good advice and intelligent suggestions from here so if you got something, I’m all ears. I can’t go back an start all over, that’s nuts, so I need to keep going forward and focused. 

Lastly my heart goes out to any of you impacted by this Covid19. I pray for those needing prayer and wish the best of luck to those just needing that. Stay safe, stay creative, and mostly be positive from this day on.

Chris

https://junkdrawer.com

Stumbled upon a feature that allows me to create a coupon. I’ve put some thought into it and working within the programs template, I’ve come up with a deal that will only be disclosed here and no place else on earth. Not my website, Facebook page or Instagram. Only here. So if you are reading this, here is the deal. At checkout type BOARDIEBUDDY5 in the gift code box. This will take $5 off any 1 comic book per order, any time, forever. I will never mention it again. Let’s see who listens. 

Edited by Junkdrawer