• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What condition for a casual reader copy?
1 1

33 posts in this topic

It's funny, i bought a gallon of ethyl alcohol before this started and we really haven't used that much. No need to spray myself silly if I am inside all day. I wash my hands 40 times a day.

get some reader copies from my comic shop-their 2.0s are 4.0s in my book.

My oldest daughter is devouring some of my trade paperbacks right now. If I'm reading an arc, I'd rather it be all together rather than in 18 different floppies.

Most of collection is a reader collection. I usually go for anything complete with both staples attached and if possible no writing on the cover. I am not to concerned with corners or even a crease. I don't buy and damp smelly comics. When my son was that age I bought him the same as I just mentioned. He bagged and boarded everything and it gave him a great understanding of how to look after his books. He is 19 now and don't collect anymore however he still got his collection neatly organized in his bedroom in our house. If you want to get him collecting than I recommend buying originals and not reprints. Get lower VG copies or higher depending on the value of the book. Good luck with it. I really loved collecting with my son and he got a pretty good collection of Scooby Doo, Barks Ducks and Spiderman.

OP, in the future, if you want cheap copies of the Claremont X-Men, there was a series called X-Men Classic in the 1980's that reprinted them. None of them should cost any more than $5, and they are very common.

If hes interested in readers, I'd suggest the marvel unlimited ap and a large cheap tablet.  I've had it for a few weeks now and its blown me away.  I would have killed to have had access to all these comics as a kid.  

On 4/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, Bob Troub said:

For a 10 yr old, several / 10 / 20 different dollar reprint comics that both marvel and DC have out now would be a great gift......

I agree, maybe a trade paperback of Duck Tales Treasure Trove from 2017.