• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BB28 - will the punishment ever end?
2 2

18 posts in this topic

First of all, I like Brave and the Bold 28 and I like the Justice League.  But give me a break, all this book does is continue to go down in price.   Has there been any SA key that has been punished as severely as this book?

Are we still getting punished for the film that came out in 2017?  Almost every time I see this book offered at auction, it comes in lower than recent gpa.  This month a 4.5 copy sold for $2650.  A 4.5 would have cost you more than that in 2014.  I mean this book is just a total bloodbath in almost every grade and in every sale.

I like this book and I hope it recovers.  

Edited by atomised

Personally, I feel nice 5.0 to 6.0 range copies with good eye appeal might present an opportunity right now. It was a cornerstone book of the SA and still should be. …. and that cover ? … c'mon, it was on a postage stamp and is cool as all get out. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Another book that IMO is adjusting to the market and may have become over priced like many others.  No key first appearances of individual characters similar to Avengers 1 doesn't help. 

There are no key 1st appearances in Avengers 1 - whom are you referring to?

14 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

tenor.gif

first appearance of the justice league and first appearance of the avengers, same thing.  Who is the character that has a first appearance in either book?

51 minutes ago, atomised said:

first appearance of the justice league and first appearance of the avengers, same thing.  Who is the character that has a first appearance in either book?

There are NO key 1st appearances in Avengers 1...that is what I said.  I never said there are any characters that have a first appearance in either book.  My point is that both books are the first appearance of a team but carry no key 1st appearances of those characters which is why prices settled after the movie hype increased prices on both books.

Edited by Keys_Collector
grammar mistake

40 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

There are NO key 1st appearances in Avengers 1...that is what I said.  I never said there are any characters that have a first appearance in either book.  My point is that both books are the first appearance of a team but carry no key 1st appearances of those characters which is why there are prices settled after the movie hype increased prices on both books.

oh ok my bad

On 4/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, bpc3qh said:

I'm in the same camp. I think the book is incredibly underrated, along with most of the JLA books.

The best time to buy is when there's a big sale on an item, and especially when everybody's selling so that you can take your time and have your pick of the litter.  (thumbsu  :takeit:

On 4/17/2020 at 2:41 PM, seanfingh said:

Isn't another way to look at this just simply that the movie hype money is gone for this book.  Most keys are inflated by speculator dollars and when the speculator money goes away it drops to where it finds an equilibrium with collectors.  It's not so much that it is cold or unloved or not a key or "being punished," it's just that the spec money is completely gone and never coming back - until there is a complete reboot (hopefully with J'onn J'onzz)

+100 on MMH

I am glad I was able to trade my B&B #28 CGC 6.0 for a number of Marvel SA and BA keys to a dealer two and a bit years ago. At these prices I am almost tempted to buy again, but if you are chasing DC now, then go for the Batman SA keys instead.