• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Covid Quarantine Contest (CQC)
1 1

75 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yes it is! I have a DD ish with Miller's sig that was also a surprise. Gotta find it, as I am in the midst of going through my stuff. 

My JR JR sig is on ASM #239 lol

I don't have miller's

that is funny with 239! 

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I know it’s over but I wanna share my scavenger hunt pics!

1. Spider-Man and Subby in a DD 

image.thumb.jpg.9540d485cb38f4e9e956a6401b4164b2.jpg

2. How about mutants and Micronauts?

image.thumb.jpg.3e9d0d267bc361b83d935ecf475594df.jpg

3. This random old Star Wars figureimage.thumb.jpg.e2f56cbc6f2467a9f16f985c56cd9d71.jpg

4. My Spider-Man tie clip of course!

image.thumb.jpg.80d7ce348f1a593572bb1e54892d9102.jpg

5. How about a copy of Blade Runner?

image.thumb.jpg.fae5633a4ebed8b1f287945c96ce06f8.jpg

6. How about my favourite poster?

image.thumb.jpg.1824df02d14bcaea58c25735d6824397.jpg

7. Favourite item? Well I love everything I own but my ASM 97 signed by Stan Lee and Gil Kane takes it for me. Fav character, great arc, two great people in the industry touched it? Love it.

image.thumb.jpg.094bca2baf1d34b08e6ccf8ba13ce181.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.73d42cd4e9a997fb3256ff45342ff3ec.jpg

Wow, thank you for sharing those! That's a wonderfully impressive lineup of collectables. I can't believe you scored a Gil Kane signature like you did, incredible. The Blade Runner book is classic, I have a copy hanging around somewhere. I am also jealous of your tie clip, that's some high class nerd-ism.

3 minutes ago, Bkd Reader said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, thank you for sharing those! That's a wonderfully impressive lineup of collectables. I can't believe you scored a Gil Kane signature like you did, incredible. The Blade Runner book is classic, I have a copy hanging around somewhere. I am also jealous of your tie clip, that's some high class nerd-ism.

The kids I teach get a kick when I rock my superhero ties and tie clips :)  

7 minutes ago, Bkd Reader said:

Teachers Rock! My GF and many of my close friends are teachers. Thank you for educating the youth! It's great that you get positive reactions from them when you sport the nerd stuff.

Thank you! It makes me smile because I always seem to connect with a shy student who opens up about liking sci fi or fantasy or superheroes or whatever and even if it’s soemthing I don’t know a lot about (like D&D or Manga) they know I’m nerdy enough to at least listen and that’s all they want. 

Makes it easier to get them on board when you can chat with them about stuff they like and then try to force quadratic equations on them lol.

And we have a winner for Question 9, @Crops068 checking in at 10:11PM ET. The actor in question was Sir John Hurt who played the War Doctor on Doctor Who, was in V for Vendetta created by Moore, was in both Merlin and the original LOTR cartoon from 1978, and was Mr. Olivander in Harry Potter. He gets around and definitely deserved the knighthood.

Edited by Bkd Reader
HIghlight name

19 hours ago, Bkd Reader said:

And we have our 3rd two-time winner. @littledoom came in at 2:28PM ET with the correct answer of 0. Yes, it was kind of a trick question, but it is also oddly true that the word 'Ewok' was not mentioned even once in the original trilogy. Well done!

"Ewok" being the "opposite" of "Wook-E" :foryou:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I Never thought of that lol 

yeah, as I recall in ROTJ instead of Endor, they were supposed to be on KASSSSYYKKKK or however you spell the Wookiee planet! (Which IMO would have made ROTJ much cooler) but I guess they figured little teddy bears sell more toys, so Ewoks it was! 

I think that why in ROTS they had Yoda on the Wookiee planet, to make up for it a bit....

On 4/20/2020 at 10:38 AM, comics4all said:

yeah, as I recall in ROTJ instead of Endor, they were supposed to be on KASSSSYYKKKK or however you spell the Wookiee planet!

I can't believe you didn't take this opportunity to use "YYY" in a word... since that's what's so awesome about the word! :kidaround:

Kashyyyk - the vowels are the "a", first "y" and third "y"... you know... a,e,i,o,u, sometimes y.  The middle "y" is a consonant. :sumo:

:grin:

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

I can't believe you didn't take this opportunity to use "YYY" in a word... since that's what's so awesome about the word! :kidaround:

Kashyyyk - the vowels are the "a", first "y" and third "y"... you know... a,e,i,o,u, sometimes y.  The middle "y" is a consonant. :sumo:

:grin:

I was too lazy to look up the correct spelling! 

lol

So, a late winner will wrap the contest. Question 3 has been answered by @Max Carnage. The answer I was looking for was an owl, both a typical Druid's familiar in D&D and who appeared in the 1928 short story book The House at Pooh Corner. Two, now very famous, characters debuted in that book, Owl and Tigger. A tiger would not usually be a low-level Druid familiar, but I know several DM's who either have or would allow it (usually it is conditional on a good backstory), so either answer was acceptable. All questions have now been answered. Thanks to all!