• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acetate Cover Oil Stain
2 2

3 posts in this topic

I have an otherwise NM copy of Spider-Man Maximum Clonage Alpha Gold Edition, however it appears that oils in the outer acetate cover have created tiny oil stains on the inside cover.

You can see the oil stain by the staples on the first two photos and on the lower right corner on the third photo.

What sort of grade drop do you see with these oil stains?

Thanks

nhMPKAONT0yj+D%mpkQGUA.jpg

9yqm9m6BTVmieJ7VzYKNSg.jpg

E67WzzeASNiHyxNXIuX7sw.jpg

Just my initial assessment, but if all else is perfect, probably at best 8.5.  It certainly isn't Near Mint, so there go the 9's completely.  It could be argued that it isn't even VF anymore.  Curious to see what the general consensus will be. 

I have a couple of Gold editions to get graded, but they need some "work" first, funky edges.  Not sure if they can be improved, being acetate.

12 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Just my initial assessment, but if all else is perfect, probably at best 8.5.  It certainly isn't Near Mint, so there go the 9's completely.  It could be argued that it isn't even VF anymore.  Curious to see what the general consensus will be. 

I have a couple of Gold editions to get graded, but they need some "work" first, funky edges.  Not sure if they can be improved, being acetate.

I concur.