• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rip Snortin' River City Roundup!
3 3

146 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Is this a River City copy?

comvalutofhorror35.jpg

I don't know.... but if not, I'll take that disappointment off your hands.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

The River City collection was rumored to have as many as 4,000 books in it. The markings varied. The most recognizable marking is the grease pencil S - # - #, but there were many other different markings on these books. Some were pencil markings, and some with slashes. Some had nothing on the front cover, but pencil writing on the back cover. I feel confident that jmans' Strange Stories from another World #4 is an RC copy. The VOH #35 could also be an RC copy (I'm not sure). Here's an example of an RC book with no writing on the front cover, but it has pencil writing in the top margin of the back cover.

weird fantasy 10.jpg

wf10 back.JPG

wf10 back2.JPG

On 5/12/2020 at 9:10 PM, Robot Man said:

Found this in the wrong box today. Even though no certificate, pretty much think it’s a River City I got from Brian Peet’s.

EA51A818-AD14-4CDA-BD13-7960E73E6AC5.jpeg

This is a River City.

17 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Is this a River City copy?

comvalutofhorror35.jpg

Isn't that too nice for you. :baiting:

I have not see a River City with this style of distributor mark and the other ECs have "S" code.

36 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Isn't that too nice for you. :baiting:

I have not see a River City with this style of distributor mark and the other ECs have "S" code.

Thanks, it just looked familiar. Most of my River City books have the grease pencil marks although, I have seen a lot of DCs with these pencil ones.

And, no, I have a lot of higher grade stuff as well as karp. I tend to upgrade or go higher on my favorites and this is one of them...

On 5/14/2020 at 12:08 PM, Jayman said:

Consensus is that this is a River City not noted on the label. Cross posted from the Norman Thread!

D429C020-0F57-4F83-BAA4-5EF72E99CB93.jpeg

Sure looks like an RC copy to me. Great book!