• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can CGC run out of slabs????
1 1

25 posts in this topic

I’m pretty sure they are a company that would have a very large inventory of slabs probably a years worth for con seasons as they would order materials when submissions come in 

13 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I’m pretty sure they are a company that would have a very large inventory of slabs probably a years worth for con seasons as they would order materials when submissions come in 

No company stocks a years worth of anything....  1 your tying up alot of capital in one thing that could leave you short for other immediate thing...  2nd storage.  Space when your paying rent by the square foot becomes an expense as well.

Edited by god503

13 minutes ago, valiantman said:

How many of these companies have there manufacturing in China?  Like everything else we buy.   I hope that changes as a learning lesson from Corona.   Time to stop buying 20 dollar toaster ovens that we throw out every 2 years and pay 40 for the USA made one that lasts 5...

8 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I just take them out.  I don't get them put in.

So you like it raw then...   :whistle:

Edited by god503

3 minutes ago, god503 said:

So you it raw then...   :whistle:

It depends what your definition of it is.

5 hours ago, god503 said:

Time to stop buying 20 dollar toaster ovens that we throw out every 2 years and pay 40 for the USA made one that lasts 5...

Whatever happened to the ones that used to last 20 years.

3 hours ago, rjpb said:
8 hours ago, god503 said:

Time to stop buying 20 dollar toaster ovens that we throw out every 2 years and pay 40 for the USA made one that lasts 5...

Whatever happened to the ones that used to last 20 years.

My toaster has lasted 20 years because I got it as a wedding present and we've used it once every 5 years. hm  

How many uses will we get out of it?  Because if we get 15, I'll be in my 80s.

Edited by valiantman

6 hours ago, god503 said:

No company stocks a years worth of anything....  1 your tying up alot of capital in one thing that could leave you short for other immediate thing...  2nd storage.  Space when your paying rent by the square foot becomes an expense as well.

Wrong well my window and door company had glass, vinyl and door slabs in stock for Aprox a year and a half since the door slabs come from oversea  but you have to buy sku of 1000s so it’s more cost effective to buy large quantities this is why we do a yearly inventory and they replenish based on the detailed count 

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

My toaster has lasted 20 years because I got it as a wedding present and we've used it once every 5 years. hm  

How many uses will we get out of it?  Because it we get 15, I'll be in my 80s.

My toaster is still working for 17 years and I hope it will make on my 18th wedding anniversary this fall.

5 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

My toaster is still working for 17 years and I hope it will make on my 18th wedding anniversary this fall.

Mine last about 6 or 7 years on average, but I make toast at least twice a day. Buttered toasted sourdough is my default snack.