• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC announces distribution apart from Diamond beginning Tue April 28th

6 posts in this topic

It's a long email.

But DC announces they've canceled all orders from 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, and are working with two new distributors for products starting 4/28.

New comic day - Tuesday.

New distributors Lunar Distribution and UCS.

But yes, you can stay with Diamond if you want.

---

Buckle. Up.

Edited by lighthouse

New Comics available for sale on Tuesday 4/28
  • Batman #89 (3rd Printing)
  • Batman Giant #4
  • Daphne Byrne #4 (of 6)
  • The Dreaming #20
  • Nightwing #70 (2nd Printing)
New Comics available for sale on Tuesday 5/5
  • Batman and the Outsiders #12
  • DC Super Stars Facsimile Edition #17
  • The Flash #753
  • Green Lantern Season 2 #3
  • Hawkman #23
  • House of Whispers #20
  • Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity #4 (of 9)
New Comics available for sale on Tuesday 5/12
  • Harley Quinn #72
  • Justice League #44
  • Justice League Odyssey #20
  • Lois Lane #10 (of 12)
  • Metal Men #6 (of 12)

Distribution Options

To assist with the immediate distribution of DC titles during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we've secured the assistance of two distributors to help facilitate orders of and shipping of our revised publishing schedule. Lunar Distribution and UCS Comic Distributors have agreed to work with us to distribute these new comics. Your orders will need to be placed no later than 4/21 to ensure receipt of goods by 4/28, and the orders can be released on or after 4/28.  Reorders can be placed after the 4/21 date but are not guaranteed for receipt by 4/28.

To help facilitate the fastest processing of order fulfillment for the week of April 27th, we strongly recommend ordering with one of the distributors based on your location in order to ensure receipt of product by 4/28 in the U.S. Unfortunately, orders cannot be guaranteed to reach destinations outside of the U.S. by 4/28. 

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What happens/happened to the books in the orders that I have previously placed, since I cannot receive product at this time?  

A: Your orders have been cancelled; you'll need to re-confirm your orders by 4/21/20 for the product being released on 4/28/20. Retailers in countries outside of the United States cannot, unfortunately, be guaranteed to receive their product by 4/28/20.

Q: So, wait, DC product is now available for release on Tuesdays?

A: Yes. We have synced up release dates across all our retail channels.

Q: Can I just continue to order my DC product from Diamond?

A:  Yes. Please call your Diamond Comics rep to confirm product availability.

Q: Does my discount through Diamond stay the same through these new distributors? 

A: Your current discount terms will stay the same through Lunar Distribution and UCS Comic Distributors.

Q: Do my credit terms through Diamond stay the same through these new distributors?

A: If you are currently extended credit terms through Diamond, DC will expeditiously review your new credit terms through each distributor on a case-by-case basis.

Q: Are my comics and periodicals still returnable through 6/24 in-store, even through these additional distributors?

A: Yes! Keep in mind you can only return the product to the distributor from which you ordered it.

Q: What is DC doing specifically for the retailers who are unable to order books? Will I be able to get these 4/28 books in the future?

A: If you can accept deliveries you may order 4/28 product. If you want these books in the future, you'll be able to place them on reorder.

Q: Ok, so what about digital books?

A: Digital releases of print periodicals will return to "Same Day Digital" cadence, released the same day as the print editions.

Q: How or where do I order new DC Direct collectibles?

A: Due to the extended shipping timelines for collectibles, DC will send out communication when details are available.  

Q: Is there someone I can call if I'm having trouble placing my order?

A: Each distributor's order entry page will have information about how to contact them for help.

Q: What are available resources that I could use to help me get back on my feet?

A: You can apply for assistance with the BINC Foundation

Q: Ok, this was A LOT of information.  Can you just summarize everything for me?

A: 1) We've cancelled all orders placed through Diamond Comic Distributors for product originally slated for 4/1, 4/8, and 4/15
in-store dates.

2) A reduced slate of new DC product will be available in the market for sale the week of 4/27.

3) We've added two additional distribution options to help mitigate the regional inconsistencies in product availability that we anticipate will continue to happen.

4) We are syncing up availability for DC product across all retail channels.

------

Note that this email did not indicate it was confidential (unlike most communications from Marvel and DC).

Edited by lighthouse

Thanks for sharing! This is all very interesting. I'm curious if my LCS that have shuttered for the time being will reopen for curbside service to sell these titles. Interesting times, for sure.