• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic Con Cancelled
1 1

26 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, joefixit2 said:

wonder what all these major con cancellation will do to sales for OA.  People have all this money saved for using at conventions like SDCC (hotel, airflight, etc).  wonder if they will redirect all those funds to OA now.

I have a feeling a faie proportion of OA collectors are seeing these times as an opportunity vs. a drag...

There is a shift going on due to the uncertainty around this virus.  My 70 year old brother died today with complications, including the new virus, at a nursing home here in northwest Vermont, a hotspot in an otherwise quiet state.  Vermont is starting a slow reopening with two-person landscape and construction teams returning to work.  But, outdoor festivals and fairs are cancelling through July, and will likely continue to cancel until there are some breakthroughs in testing and treatment abilities.  It really affects artists and sole proprietors.

So, we should be thankful for what we have here in the online world.  I know I appreciate it!

I am attaching a tribute scan of a concert sidebill my brother Stephen created for his Rock and Roll band in 1982.  He was a song composer and lead guitarist.

Best, David S. Albright

Image.jpg

Me as well.

We may joke about things like "opportunities" or making the best of the situation. The truth is, the longer this goes on, more and more will experience this thing for themselves, and much closer to home than some random numbers on whatever news they read.

9 hours ago, vodou said:

Maybe not the sellers. It is certainly something that has reached this potential buyer.