• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Press
1 1

8 posts in this topic

When submitting comics to CGC for grading and selecting the 'Quick Press' option.  A min of 15 comics needs to be sent to execute this option.  If you send 15 comics to get graded/quick pressed with the 'screening option' selected for all 15,  if one of the comics is not considers a candidate, does it void the other 14 comics you want pressed?

Thanks

Ok, the screening part does not refer to pressing. If you pay for it they press them all. The screening you are referring to has to do with the grading. If I select screening for 9.8, then after the books are pressed at CCS, they cull through them. Any books that will not grade a 9.8 are sent back to me ungraded and all the other books not rejected will be 9.8 or higher.

Next, you do not have to send in 15 books to utilize pressing services. Simply click the button immediately to the right of the grading button when selecting services and you can get any amount of books pressed.

Hope that helps a little. Welcome to the boards! 

On 4/23/2020 at 2:45 AM, Kree8ev1 said:

Next, you do not have to send in 15 books to utilize pressing services. Simply click the button immediately to the right of the grading button when selecting services and you can get any amount of books pressed.

He's talking about the 'Quick Press' option, which does have a 15 book minimum, according to the webpage.

As far as the op's question ... I don't know. Call them?

Ok, the screening part does not refer to pressing. If you pay for it they press them all. The screening you are referring to has to do with the grading. If I select screening for 9.8, then after the books are pressed at CCS, they cull through them. Any books that will not grade a 9.8 are sent back to me ungraded and all the other books not rejected will be 9.8 or higher.

Have never used the pre-screen, but I find it hard to believe that ALL the books not rejected WILL be 9.8 or higher.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:13 PM, Gaard said:

He's talking about the 'Quick Press' option, which does have a 15 book minimum, according to the webpage.

As far as the op's question ... I don't know. Call them?

I know, the purpose of my post was to inform that pressing services are available if you do not submit 15 books. "Quick Press " is like combo pricing. You receive a volume discount. However, say you want only one book pressed by CCS, then the steps listed is how you would do that.

13 hours ago, Spawnfreak said:

Have never used the pre-screen, but I find it hard to believe that ALL the books not rejected WILL be 9.8 or higher.

Hi, here is the quote from the website:

Pre-screen Service

When submitting a large number of comic books in a single submission for Value, Economy or Modern tiers, take advantage of our Pre-screen Service.

By requesting Pre-screen Service and specifying a minimum grade on your invoice, you will be charged grading fees only for the comic books that meet or exceed your specified minimum grade.

This service works as follows. For example, if sending 100 miscellaneous Modern comics, you could request a minimum grade of 9.4. Comics grading at 9.4 and above are certified and encapsulated at usual rates. Comics grading below 9.4 are returned uncertified.

Minimum quantities are required and special service guidelines must be followed in order for your submission to qualify for Pre-screen Service. Additionally, CGC charges a reject fee for each comic returned uncertified. Fees are calculated based on the number of books submitted, the grading tier selected, the percentage that passed, and the minimum grade requested.

Please contact CGC customer service to discuss Pre-screens, pricing and submission eligibility.

To view a full list of Pre-Screen Frequently Asked Questions, click here.

There is pre-screen for pressing.

I would call CGC to get a direct answer from them. IIRC, you're paying for pre-screening all 15 comics. And, after that, you're paying for the one's CGC thinks will improve with a quick press. I don't work for CGC, though, so I'd suggest contacting them.

• Administrator

@aloco44 screening is not available for the quick press service as it is reserved for normal pressing. Please find the information from our FAQ's below. 

image.png

image.png