• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rima Jungle Girl GGA

14 posts in this topic

I know a lot of us get caught up only looking at covers only, but today I was selling a copy of Rima 1 on ebay (I've never read it) and as I was paging thru the comic to check it I discovered one heck of a nice 2 page art spread.  That's some really nice GGA.

i don't know who did the art but that's some good art.

1.jpg

1.jpg

44 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Yes, that spread is as awesome as any 50's GGA that commands so much. Well-kept secret! Wonder what that OA would go for?

I was really struck by how good the layout/execution is for the 2-page spread and the detail work on, not only Rima, but all the little animals and such.  If I could find this piece of original art I would seriously think about buying it.  Kudos to Redondo.

Edited by gadzukes

Go over to CAF.  Some pages of this were available.  Whether they still are is irrelevant because just seeing the original B&W inks is incredible.

19 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Nestor Redondo is the artist and I agree that spread is fantastic. Unsurprisingly he also worked on Swamp Thing. 

Very underrated artist. His brother Frank was pretty good too. 

One of those books recognised as having really nice artwork, but was always available at a bargain bin price back in the 70s.

Took over from Berni Wrightson on artwork for Swamp Thing.  I still have to the end of the initial run written by Len Wein.

684821.jpg

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, gadzukes said:

I was really struck by how good the layout/execution is for the 2-page spread and the detail work on, not only Rima, but all the little animals and such.  If I could find this piece of original art I would seriously think about buying it.  Kudos to Redondo.

You wouldn't have much time to think before pulling the trigger (unless in auction) but I doubt it will come up for sale anytime soon...great to see Redondo getting some Love!

We get used to seeing smaller panels in the story telling, or maybe a splash page here and there, so to see a 2-page spread like this, especially of Good Girl Art is pretty awesome.

I'm a little shocked Rima only made it 7 issues with GGA like this.  Of Course Shanna the She Devil only made it to 5 issues. And Marvel's Sheena only had 2 issues.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 3:24 PM, Ryan. said:

Nestor Redondo is the artist and I agree that spread is fantastic. Unsurprisingly he also worked on Swamp Thing. 

Yeah, as soon as I saw it I was thinking that art had a kind of Swamp Thing feel to it.