• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am embarrassed I spent money on this book thread...
5 5

123 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, goodrockrich said:

The person who slabbed the Deadpool should be embarrassed.  :facepalm:

Lol what's worse is I bought it slabbed like this for like $40-60 I was a noob!

Both of these are posted in my registry, with NOOOOOB scrawled across the description as a reminder :roflmao::tonofbricks:

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, goodrockrich said:

The fact that you still have it is awesome.  I guess it's a reminder of how not to build your collection. :nyah:

Just now, goodrockrich said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
6 minutes ago, goodrockrich said:

The fact that you still have it is awesome.  I guess it's a reminder of how not to build your collection. :nyah:

Oh yeah! Definitely a reminder :)

and the ASM has staples added after manufacturing, that one reminds me to never purchase a Ebay listing with blurry pics....

a 1.8 blue label for right at $100 was what I though I was purchasing, got it in hand and doh!

Batman-Super-effective.gif

48 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here is another, I did sub this one, totally thought it was higher grade and I'm still not sure what the issue was....

Must be a creased page inside is my guess

3206916_Full_Obv.jpg

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say light foxing somewhere on back cover....because I sent in a half dozen copper books once, all came back where I expected (mid-9's) except the DD168 which looked like the rest at quick glance. But it came back 7.0 for light foxing on the back cover. I was being cavalier and didn't check the books closely as I wasn't planning on keeping them and didnt have much attachment to them. 

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say light foxing somewhere on back cover....because I sent in a half dozen copper books once, all came back where I expected (mid-9's) except the DD168 which looked like the rest at quick glance. But it came back 7.0 for light foxing on the back cover. I was being cavalier and didn't check the books closely as I wasn't planning on keeping them and didnt have much attachment to them. 

Could be! I have a pic of the back but there is too much reflection in the pic, I may dig it out sometime and look  :)

53 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Or if you submitted it you could always just check the graders notes.

Not on topic (sorry), but a question on the grader notes.  I can see my grader notes, links on my dashboard for recent submissions.  But even when logged in, if I look up a comic (of mine) through the registry that I know has grader notes, even a recent one, it shows $5 to view it.  When I click on the link, I get the form to pay for the notes.  My account number is filled in, but grayed out, so it knows who I am for sure.  The $5 charge is filled in but grayed out.  I confirm my email in the second box, leaving the credit card info off, hoping it recognizes that I am the original submitter.  But when I send the request, it just highlights all the credit card info boxes that I didn't fill out.  I don't know what I am doing wrong, IF I am doing anything wrong.  I presumed you could access your own grader notes at any time, if there are notes available, for free.  Not working for me.  Any suggestions???

Edited by Lightning55

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

Not on topic (sorry), but a question on the grader notes.  I can see my grader notes, links on my dashboard for recent submissions.  But even when logged in, if I look up a comic (of mine) through the registry that I know has grader notes, even a recent one, it shows $5 to view it.  When I click on the link, I get the form to pay for the notes.  My account number is filled in, but grayed out, so it knows who I am for sure.  The $5 charge is filled in but grayed out.  I confirm my email in the second box, leaving the credit card info off, hoping it recognizes that I am the original submitter.  But when I send the request, it just highlights all the credit card info boxes that I didn't fill out.  I don't know what I am doing wrong, IF I am doing anything wrong.  I presumed you could access your own grader notes at any time, if there are notes available, for free.  Not working for me.  Any suggestions???

I think you need more insurance.

Edited by lizards2

^ I mean at least that is a 9.8 and not a 6.0 lol.

There are no issues in my PC that I regret buying or owning. And everything was purchased at or well below market value at the time. A few of my books have skyrocketed and a few have dipped slightly.

I definitely have made some bonehead buys to try and flip that have failed. I just don’t do it anymore. If I luck into a key or hot book great. But no more do I try to predict which ones could gain value and flip. The best I ever did was make $20 and multiple times I just broke even or lost $10-20. Hence why I’m not really a comic seller lol.

8 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Or if you submitted it you could always just check the graders notes.

It was submitted several years ago through my LCS, so I'd have to purchase the graders notes if there are any :)

4 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

^ I mean at least that is a 9.8 and not a 6.0 lol.

There are no issues in my PC that I regret buying or owning. And everything was purchased at or well below market value at the time. A few of my books have skyrocketed and a few have dipped slightly.

I definitely have made some bonehead buys to try and flip that have failed. I just don’t do it anymore. If I luck into a key or hot book great. But no more do I try to predict which ones could gain value and flip. The best I ever did was make $20 and multiple times I just broke even or lost $10-20. Hence why I’m not really a comic seller lol.

Yeah, I stopped doing that too (predict) I found it took the joy out of collecting