• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am embarrassed I spent money on this book thread...
5 5

123 posts in this topic

This was the first book I bought when I started collecting. I got it for $100 in an auction and bragged to a friend that I found a 1968 Batman comic. I  didn't think there were a lot of books that old out therd... Turns out there's plenty lol. Luckily my friend educated me so I make less dumb mistakes now...

IMG_20200418_153556559_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20200418_153627125.jpg

1 hour ago, Steelrain41 said:

This was the first book I bought when I started collecting. I got it for $100 in an auction and bragged to a friend that I found a 1968 Batman comic. I  didn't think there were a lot of books that old out therd... Turns out there's plenty lol. Luckily my friend educated me so I make less dumb mistakes now...

IMG_20200418_153556559_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20200418_153627125.jpg

It should make you feel better knowing since you purchased this at auction there was one other person willing to pay one increment below you. :screwy:

I bought those stupid bagged spiderman #1s and all the different color covers of it in 1990 or whenever that thing came out. I just happened to be in a comic store when it came in that day and figured why not, maybe I can sell these things to some suckers later on. The only time I ever bought something I hated for that reason. Then I just forgot about them and like 15 years later I found them in a box and dumped them in the recycling bin.

45 minutes ago, catman76 said:

I bought those stupid bagged spiderman #1s and all the different color covers of it in 1990 or whenever that thing came out. I just happened to be in a comic store when it came in that day and figured why not, maybe I can sell these things to some suckers later on. The only time I ever bought something I hated for that reason. Then I just forgot about them and like 15 years later I found them in a box and dumped them in the recycling bin.

some of the spidey 1's are worth $$$$$

I think the gold & platinum ......

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I generally kinda fail at stuff. And when I sold the Dazzlers, to put it mildly, I failed, too. It's ok tho. I got a career, I'm nice to people and help when I can so in the important stuff in life I'm blessed and doing ok. Buying and selling comics with profit in mind? Yeah, no.

But you bought 50 copies.  Was it with the intent to give away?

13 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

At the time, buying 50 copies of Dazzler 1 was a sure thing to make a bunch of money.  Hot new character out of the blazing hot New X-men.  Couldn't go wrong.

Unfortunately, everyone else did the same thing.

1 hour ago, KPR Comics said:

i was under the legal age to work, yet I did work at a comic shop and was paid in store credit. I got caught up in the "it's the first direct market comic," it's a new character first issue mania. I believe I was 13 or 14.

I bought them with the intent of selling them for more than I paid for them years on. If I recall correctly, that didn't happen.

Edited by NoMan

45 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

At the time, buying 50 copies of Dazzler 1 was a sure thing to make a bunch of money.  Hot new character out of the blazing hot New X-men.  Couldn't go wrong.

Unfortunately, everyone else did the same thing.

basically, but i do see them for 20$ raw on the wall at cons.