• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am embarrassed I spent money on this book thread...
5 5

123 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 11:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol what's worse is I bought it slabbed like this for like $40-60 I was a noob!

Both of these are posted in my registry, with NOOOOOB scrawled across the description as a reminder :roflmao::tonofbricks:

It is an ebay NM and that's what you would have paid raw at the height of things...

On 4/17/2020 at 11:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here is another, I did sub this one, totally thought it was higher grade and I'm still not sure what the issue was....

Must be a creased page inside is my guess

A 6.5 will usually have a significant flaw somewhere on the cover. What you've shown above would do it...

Edited by The Lions Den

22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Believe it or not it was hard to pick up in the camera, white back cover, really white light

Thank you for getting me off my duff to set the record straight :)

the 6.5 detective #523 back

20200420_192704.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

A 6.5 will usually have a significant flaw somewhere on the cover...

It's got 1 pretty good tick or crimp on the spine of the front in the middle, hard to see in the pic,  plus the back cover pic quoted in this post that I eventually dug it out and took a pic.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

32 minutes ago, god503 said:

damn  at that price  that book dont belong on this thread

I think the $399 asking price is a product of delusion. With that said, I don't think the poster's book is worthless. The other marvel Barbie series #1 seems to actually sell for more.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

I think the $399 asking price is a product of delusion. With that said, I don't think the poster's book is worthless. The other marvel Barbie series #1 seems to actually sell for more.

I paid $20 for mine, I guess it was worth it for the laughs it caused :) 

The price of that ebay book is crazy

5 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

I paid $20 for mine, I guess it was worth it for the laughs it caused :) 

The price of that ebay book is crazy

it looks like its holding it value...  better than my beavis and butt head

Add this to my worthless pile.  CGC just finished grading and pressing (after 5 months!!!!!)  AMS 361 362 363.  The 362 apparently had a stain on the back cover that i did not notice.  A big fat 8!   A raw one is worth more.  Not bad for 50 bucks in grading, pressing and shipping

On 4/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, 90sChild said:

That deadpool is funny but the reason I've still never bought a raw one is those modern giant size books always get torn on the corners and CGC is not exactly clear on what is 'manufacturing defect', I've seen plenty of hanging chad corner bindings in 9.8 slabs.  Is there some other big defect on that book or is it just the binding corners?

Just curious, why the hate on this book?