• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am embarrassed I spent money on this book thread...
5 5

123 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Boric Gold said:
18 minutes ago, an99 said:

I have that book as well. I'm not embarrassed about it :$

I grab these out of the dollar bin all of the time :tink:

I have a 9.3....... just playing, I have a 9.6 but why it's not a 9.8 I'm not sure, but I think it's a cool book, sort of, there are a lot out there for sure!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Trying to find a "funny 9.3" gif is hard :sorry: @comics4all

If I could pull it off, I'd Photoshop the 9.3 grade in place of the 9.6, so it looked like it actually existed.  That would stop people in their tracks for just a moment.  But let's not give the grading companies any ideas for new grade increments.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, god503 said:

So i was working on cataloging my collection with a web app when i came across something that i totally forgot i bought when i was a teenager....  I think i paid 30 bucks for it in 1993!!!!   :facepalm:

beavis.jpg

I have a half dozen of them, and the run...#3 has Stan Lee in it in Cameo... lol

On 4/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, god503 said:

So i was working on cataloging my collection with a web app when i came across something that i totally forgot i bought when i was a teenager....  I think i paid 30 bucks for it in 1993!!!!   :facepalm:

beavis.jpg

Love this. I just sent some off to Rick for an in-home signing. 

9 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I have a half dozen of them, and the run...#3 has Stan Lee in it in Cameo... lol

so do I,  lol , but the fact that I paid 30 in '93 dollars is what slaps me across the face... :makepoint:

On 4/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

3204596_Full_Obv.jpg.5926490d709009a17e2

That deadpool is funny but the reason I've still never bought a raw one is those modern giant size books always get torn on the corners and CGC is not exactly clear on what is 'manufacturing defect', I've seen plenty of hanging chad corner bindings in 9.8 slabs.  Is there some other big defect on that book or is it just the binding corners?

Edited by 90sChild

4 minutes ago, 90sChild said:
On 4/17/2020 at 10:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

3204596_Full_Obv.jpg.5926490d709009a17e2

That deadpool is funny but the reason I've still never bought a raw one is those modern giant size books always get torn on the corners and CGC is not exactly clear on what is 'manufacturing defect', I've seen plenty of hanging chad corner bindings in 9.8 slabs.  Is there some other big defect on that book or is it just the binding corners?

Edited just now by 90sChild

Not the best pics in the world but here is the back :foryou: 

Presumably you're right because I don't see that many defects....

But 

I didn't submit this one so no graders notes unfortunately 

GetImage.aspx?c=3204596&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=

17 hours ago, an99 said:

I have a couple of embarrassing minis ... Brute Force comes to mind.:insane:

The dolphin tooled up with a machine gun on the cover sells it.