• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am embarrassed I spent money on this book thread...
5 5

123 posts in this topic

I'm going to step out on a limb....

TO THE COMMON OBSERVER.... a lot of my registry is hm or meh but at the price point of a lot of my books I was just glad to procure a copy lol 

Take this copy, I got it raw for $10 :) only 5.5 but beats it going in the trash imo :whee: "rarer" -ish lol Newsstand haha

GetImage.aspx?c=3530852&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

I know many buyers including myself who bought up the Rebirth #1 issues hoping they would go up like all the New 52 #1's.... and I splurged on Spawn 298-301.. spending hundreds... I still like those issues 5-10 years from now.. but I would have rather been more tame on those Spawns

Edited by littledoom

30 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm going to step out on a limb....

TO THE COMMON OBSERVER.... a lot of my registry is hm or meh but at the price point of a lot of my books I was just glad to procure a copy lol 

Take this copy, I got it raw for $10 :) only 5.5 but beats it going in the trash imo :whee: "rarer" -ish lol Newsstand haha

GetImage.aspx?c=3530852&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

@ADAMANTIUM Look at it this way: I'm sure there are lots of 9.8 & 9.6 copies of this book! 

How many can say they have a 5.5 copy! lol

1 minute ago, Juno Beach said:

Well, it is a 30 cent variant so it does have some value (not sure if it would cover slab fees, though)

ya I've been known to pick up some meh stuff, but it's the fun of collecting :) 

Still, it would be nice to always make my money back :roflmao: :wishluck: 

On 4/17/2020 at 7:21 PM, god503 said:

So i was working on cataloging my collection with a web app when i came across something that i totally forgot i bought when i was a teenager....  I think i paid 30 bucks for it in 1993!!!!   :facepalm:

beavis.jpg

Embrace it!  Own it!  Be it!  :insane:

25 minutes ago, comics4all said:

@ADAMANTIUM How many low to mid grade books did you slab! lol

I have 1 other one that I actually remember, there are a few 7.0 to 7.5 mishaps that I paid good money for raw.... this being the worst offendor I think or at least tied with my X-Men 134 7.5

A newsstand error

3423354_Full_Obv.jpg

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have 1 other one that I actually remember, there are a few 7.0 to 7.5 mishaps that I paid good money for raw.... this being the worst offendor I think or at least tied with my X-Men 134 7.5

A newsstand error

3423354_Full_Obv.jpg

Hipster Wolverine! lol

1 minute ago, comics4all said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

A newsstand error

3423354_Full_Obv.jpg

Hipster Wolverine! lol

WHITE PAGES :baiting::banana: 

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

doh!

Ya I've been doing a lot of that today...

I've been going over my registry descriptions correcting spelling errors.

No peer and pier are not the same word.

doh!

On 4/18/2020 at 2:46 PM, NoMan said:

I bought 50 copies of Dazzler #1 when it came out in/around 1980.

I bought about 10 extra copies off the newsstand.  I put them up for sale a couple years ago - I only have two left. They sold for between $10-$20 a piece.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I bought about 10 extra copies off the newsstand.  I put them up for sale a couple years ago - I only have two left. They sold for between $10-$20 a piece.

how were they on the news stands? wasn't it direct market only?

21 minutes ago, NoMan said:

how were they on the news stands? wasn't it direct market only?

I have no idea.  I purchased them in either a comic shop, drug store or grocery store, off their newsstands.