• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am embarrassed I spent money on this book thread...
5 5

123 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I have no idea.  I purchased them in either a comic shop, drug store or grocery store, off their newsstands.

I need to create a wall of text informing you that your memory is wrong and that I am right. I need to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at the moment and that is more important, so, you're off the hook...

Edited by NoMan

55 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I need to create a wall of text informing you that your memory is wrong and that I am right. I need to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at the moment and that is more important, so, you're off the hook...

You've got to remember that newsstand, as it refers to newsstand variant vs. direct variant is relatively new phenomenon, and nobody used to give a rats@ss which version the book was, nor was it notated on slabs.

Or maybe you're too young to remember.

Now..., get off my lawn. :preach:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

You've got to remember that newsstand, as it refers to newsstand variant vs. direct variant is relatively new phenomenon, and nobody used to give a rats@ss which version the book was, nor was it notated on slabs.

Or maybe you're too young to remember.

Now..., get off my lawn. :preach:

you've got to remember ......Umm.....can't think of a good come back to win internet points.

8 minutes ago, Bax77 said:

Alan Davis is awesome. Maybe you're a Humberto Ramos fan? (shrug)

Never heard of 'em let me look him up. i'll be right back.

Edit: No, he sucks, too. I'm a fan of one man and one man alone: Magik Woo

Edited by NoMan

25 minutes ago, Bax77 said:

Buy all his slabs then :bigsmile:

i got me one. can't get a hold of the man to track provedence or whatever that 10$ world is unless I go to canada comic cons. I need to watch some good comic book collecting you tube channels. 

On 4/17/2020 at 10:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here is another, I did sub this one, totally thought it was higher grade and I'm still not sure what the issue was....

Must be a creased page inside is my guess

3206916_Full_Obv.jpg

Looking at that book alone, it matches (or beats) pretty much every raw "Near Mint / Mint" I've ever seen on Ebay.

Any collector who doesn't use CGC should be secretly worried all their mint books are 6.5.

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Looking at that book alone, it matches (or beats) pretty much every raw "Near Mint / Mint" I've ever seen on Ebay.

Any collector who doesn't use CGC should be secretly worried all their mint books are 6.5.

Your going to make hype dig this out of the box it's in, I can't tell in the reflection of my back cover pic, but after I looked at it, looks as thought the back cover is the issue....

I'm just confused by the reflection, but I dont want people to doubt ther degrade so for posterity 

3206916_Full_Rev.jpg

40 minutes ago, god503 said:

I don't know whats worse...   the book. Or the fact that it was stabbed.    Hope u didn't spend money on the pressing...  lol

Hopefully he didn't own & submit that book himself! 

36 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Hopefully he didn't own & submit that book himself! 

1 hour ago, god503 said:

I don't know whats worse...   the book. Or the fact that it was stabbed.    Hope u didn't spend money on the pressing...  lol

Most on here that know me, know that I collect everything, I guess this book proves it.

I didnt even know I had bought it until it arrived lol

Dont drink and eBay is the lesson :insane: