• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Angel continue to use that bazooka?
3 3

14 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Really important question here. Did the Angel ever go on to use that bazooka from the cover of X-men #1 in subsequent issues?  His powers always did seem a bit lacking 

Maybe the bazooka wasn't such a bad idea...🤔

This is a mini-series waiting to happen. hm

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I always thought it was just a metal thingy. Like a pipe or a rod. Not a bazooka.

Hmmmm hadn't thought about that. It could be a pipe he's preparing to beat Magneto with. He definitely seems to be aiming it though. Maybe he wanted Magneto to think it was a bazooka and once that didn't work he gave up on it. 

3 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

They should come up with a completely original re-vamp for The Angel. Like maybe make him a cop or something, and a master of ancient weapons. 

Does Archangel still exist? I haven't read any comics past the early 90s so I have no clue, but he was definitely a much better version of Angel. 

4 hours ago, serling1978 said:
10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I always thought it was just a metal thingy. Like a pipe or a rod. Not a bazooka.

Hmmmm hadn't thought about that. It could be a pipe he's preparing to beat Magneto with. He definitely seems to be aiming it though. Maybe he wanted Magneto to think it was a bazooka and once that didn't work he gave up on it. 

Well, if you look at the end of the pipe, it's not hollow. There's a cover over it. And it looks like angel was winding up to throw it over his shoulder, so Angel was just going to throw it at Magneto or hit him with it.

Remember, this is 1963 folks. Things weren't to sophisticated back then in comics. They probably didn't realize he had control over metal yet and they were just throwing stuff at him to see what would work.

Love the title of this thread :roflmao:

I always thought it was a bazooka also and figured that was some kind of sight at the end of it.  Could be a metal pipe too.  

Classic cover but easy to pick it apart.  Why are Cyclops/Iceman standing 3 feet away (perspective? nah) as if their powers (deadly snow balls) don't work from a distance?  Beast swinging from thin air?  Jean Grey doing the Batman dance in the back?

Still one of my favorite covers from this era.

That crazy metal thingy the Beast is swinging from is even harder to explain.  Where did it come from?

Obviously part of a long tradition of characters like Batman, Spider-Man, and Daredevil swinging into action with no hint of what they could possibly be tethering themselves to.  But unlike those guys, ol' Hank is swinging from something that there's no way he was just carrying around.  Are they in a jungle gym?

Edited by Sweet Lou 14