• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bitcoin Anybody use it?
3 3

69 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Great advice.  I love O and SLG. What percentage of your portfolio do you keep REITS?    Also, I assume these are better in a tax shelter then a taxable brokerage? 

I’ll pm you tomorrow so we don’t hijack this thread.  We’ll share some deep thoughts (thumbsu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you all are talking about BitCoin as an investment while the OP was asking about it as a currency.  Any reason he should accept it as a currency?  Is it used at all as a currency?  I looked here locally on coin-map and there are almost no businesses accepting BitCoin.  Do any of your businesses accept it?  How much revenue does it account for?  How are the processing fees in comparison?

Quite a few places accept bitcoin as currency. You can buy gold for it for instance. It's acceptance as a currency depends on its' popularity as any other currency.

In Canada, it is considered equity and taxable under capital gains. If you buy or sell it there is no issue. If you make money or make a purchase then the tax man becomes interested.

When I transferred for my deposit it was roughly 1.5% fee. There will also be a fee if I transfer out. I think if you convert currency your are looking at least at that kind of percentage fee. Bitcoin is volatile, so it is not for the faint of heart.

If you are interested to see how much you would have made with Bitcoin if you had invested at a particular point in time there is this link.

https://www.cryptoground.com/bitcoin-profit-calculator

On 5/24/2020 at 11:24 AM, oakman29 said:

For me I need to have something tangible,  something I can put in my hands. Gold,silver, dollars and cents , even comic books.  Crypto currency  is just too volatile for  me, and can you really possess it. 

No stocks?