• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bitcoin Anybody use it?
3 3

69 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Warren Oates said:

I am thinking of adding it as a method of payment that I accept for my board sales, as the fee is much better than paypal.

Wondering how many people actually use it now?

I see there is now listed on my tax forms a question about ownership in such shiznit, but I'm still not that bi-curious.

I have some Bitcoin and Ethereum. Was talked into it by a friend who is all-in on cryptocurrencies. She owns 6-7 different kinds and bought Bitcoin when it was $400 a coin (It's $7100 now). I bought out of curiosity, considering it more gambling than investment. It's an interesting world. It feels good to make purchases with bitcoin because of the anonymity--your data isn't being harvested, sold, and then boomeranged back at you in the form of target advertising. Just be sure to use an offline ledger or wallet, don't keep your bitcoin on an exchange. 

Its pretty slick as payment method, fast and reliable.  No tricks as it can't be reversed.  There are fees to buy it on an exchange, but not to accept it as payment.  Well there is a micro fee with it, but nothing compared to paypal etc.

Just seemed like something maybe I should start excepting for payment.  I bet dealers would love it, especially with all the younger people using it. 

49 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Where's Gabe?  He's got the market cornered. 

Retired after making too much money.

living high on the hog and off the grid w/super powered gf and sister

Uphold is the best place to purchase it in my opinion.

If you use the app on your phone, there is no fee. You can deposit the funds into a USD account and then send as BTC or whatever method you want directly from there.

They also do MANY other currencies . 

I have been a speculator for over a decade and have done very well , currently it is a very good time to consider investing.

I am at a loss for words that the ToyScout thread was removed.  There was some great stuff in there.  @Lightning55 I received the notification but never saw the post.  LMK if it was something urgent.

Now I have to find a new thread to rant about my TV... 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I am at a loss for words that the ToyScout thread was removed.  There was some great stuff in there.  @Lightning55 I received the notification but never saw the post.  LMK if it was something urgent.

Now I have to find a new thread to rant about my TV... 

True!

It had a little something for everyone! lol

5 hours ago, Red84 said:

Call me old fashioned, but I like my money backed by an actual government as opposed to 1s and 0s floating in the ether.

A basic Virtual Ponzi Scheme.  If Ponzi were alive, even he wouldn't believe it.